Pep Guardiola

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
its all down to pep fondling around with the formation and more so not playing the same team in back to back games so far this season, so the best team hasn't had enough time on the pitch together, I blame this on the signings of cesc and sanchez, along with the emergence of thiago, they have given pep too much options and he seems to want them all to play almost every game, instead of playing is best XI and giving these guys a proper run out every 3/4 games.

The funny thing is while their is definitely an element of truth to what your saying, both signings have looked better than either Pedro/Villa this season.

Its true we should give the core of our strongest XI a run of games together, but I don't think last season's line-up up is that line=up anymore. I just don't think Pep has handled the process of integrating the new signings into the squad without disrupting our rhythm too well.

The signings have bizarrely been a blessing and somewhat an issue for him at the same time ...

Maria

its all down to pep fondling around with the formation and more so not playing the same team in back to back games so far this season, so the best team hasn't had enough time on the pitch together, I blame this on the signings of cesc and sanchez, along with the emergence of thiago, they have given pep too much options and he seems to want them all to play almost every game, instead of playing is best XI and giving these guys a proper run out every 3/4 games.

No offense, but it's not true..you remember march-may period from last season? We didn't looked much better most of the time because everyone was tired. That's why he bought Alexis and Cesc..so he could have options. But all this injuries+the fact that we had a poor preseason messed us up pretty bad. At this moment he should focuse on one system and stick with that so we could fight in CL .

jamrock

The funny thing is while their is definitely an element of truth to what your saying, both signings have looked better than either Pedro/Villa this season.

Its true we should give the core of our strongest XI a run of games together, but I don't think last season's line-up up is that line=up anymore. I just don't think Pep has handled the process of integrating the new signings into the squad without disrupting our rhythm too well.

The signings have bizarrely been a blessing and somewhat an issue for him at the same time ...

Thats what i am saying, I agree that sanchez and cesc has been better, but due to him trying to integrate them while keeping the old guard happy as I said somewhere else, its leading to over rotation.

also agree that last season best XI does not equal this season best XI, Because as things stand villa shouldn't be starting over Cuenca for example, nor pedro over cesc, but he is trying to balance the old with the new and its leading to to many changes in the XI

jamrock

No offense, but it's not true..you remember march-may period from last season? We didn't looked much better most of the time because everyone was tired. That's why he bought Alexis and Cesc..so he could have options. But all this injuries+the fact that we had a poor preseason messed us up pretty bad. At this moment he should focuse on one system and stick with that so we could fight in CL .

its not a matter of options it seems only CD has read the post correctly its not meant to be read literally, their is rotation, which is what jose is doing with his team giving players 4-5 games run at a time except for the core (alonso,ramos,pepe,ronaldo) and changing your XI every single game, which is what pep is doing now that he has so much options.

yes their need to be rest, but not fondling every game, for example by beef in today's game has nothing to do with the midfield/attack, but the defense which was playing well, but their was no need to rest masch and thus introducing maxwell, he only did it because he could and he thought the game would have been a somewhat easy 3 points, player the best team possible more often his all i am saying.

Maria

I was also surprised to see that Masche wasn't playing..but I believe that what your presenting is just one problem. I don't see the same drive like in the last 3 years, that is my main issue. It reminds me of 07/08 season. :(

jamrock

i see the drive, the players are on the brink of achieving history and I think they really want it, but I think teams are figuring out our old system, which is why I have no problem with the 3-4-3, but if you are going to play a new formation, give the players a run of games, so they can figure out how they will play within the system for goodness sake.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Guardiola: "What do I remember of the 5-0 against Real Madrid a year ago? It was a good game that gave us three points. That's it."

"I'm not afraid at all to play with 3 defenders. Against Madrid, we must leave brave. For me, the key is always the midfield. The more midfielders we have, the better" [via SPORT]

unsure.gif

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Guardiola: "What do I remember of the 5-0 against Real Madrid a year ago? It was a good game that gave us three points. That's it."

"I'm not afraid at all to play with 3 defenders. Against Madrid, we must leave brave. For me, the key is always the midfield. The more midfielders we have, the better" [via SPORT]

unsure.gif

It looks like the Pep is trying to create a team of 10 midfielders theory is true after all. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans