FC Barcelona Tactics

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
I don't think you actually need Villa... You have the starting line-up, and few great young players as back up... If you ask me, your weakest part of the team is Valdes, and maybe 1 more central defender.. And you will be set, not that you are not now.. :)

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I don't think you actually need Villa... You have the starting line-up, and few great young players as back up... If you ask me, your weakest part of the team is Valdes, and maybe 1 more central defender.. And you will be set, not that you are not now.. :)

I lost alot of respect for you.... you must not have watched us play this season

he has been better then casillas this season.. our 2nd best player behind Messi

saved our asses so many times

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
True that I don't watch Spain la Liga this season.. From time to time Atletico, and that's it...

But still, i think Valdes is the weakest player of your squad. he may have improved this year, but is still far from WC keeper... That's just my opinion...

diegomessi

True that I don't watch Spain la Liga this season.. From time to time Atletico, and that's it...

But still, i think Valdes is the weakest player of your squad. he may have improved this year, but is still far from WC keeper... That's just my opinion...

Even if you ask our house madridista he will tell you valdez has been better then casillas L8ly.... I cant stress to you how important he has been this year and i cant think of any keeper in the world i would rather have at this moments of his career not to mention he is young in terms of keepers ages

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Fair enough.. As I said, haven't seen La Liga much, and those matches i have seen Barca, he didn't really had a job to do.. So i am not the one who should judge, as i said, it is just my opinion, and it is based on previous seasons... ;)

diegomessi

Fair enough.. As I said, haven't seen La Liga much, and those matches i have seen Barca, he didn't really had a job to do.. So i am not the one who should judge, as i said, it is just my opinion, and it is based on previous seasons... ;)

yes based on previous seasons this is prolly a fair statement alot of cules were seething at him at some points but he has won everyone over now

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
again, this is not a thread on discussing who we should sign.

get out of here if you want to discuss that.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
the introduction of toure gave maxwell the peace of mind to bombard the left hadn side with ease as toure tends to drop back in defence all the time..

thats why our 4-2-3-1 is really... 3-3-3-1 during attack

with

--------------valdes----------------

--------marquez-toure-milito---------

--alves----- busquets------maxwell--

-------xavi--------------------------

-----------------------keita---------

-pedro------------------------------

--------------messi-----------------

that's true. the problem with that, as evidenced from the first leg of the Arsenal game is that Maxwell doesn't have the pace to get back when someone as fast as Walcott is paired up against him. Abidal on the other hand can do quite nicely.

i know this is hella off topic, but i just read EVERY SINGLE word in EVERY post of this thread and i have to say all this tactic stuff can be.... eh, fun. it is fun to learn new things because i certaintly did not know any of the tactics behind fcb's game.
and now that i know i can enjoy the game more by observing what they do in the actual game.

it gives you a much better appreciation for what our team does. esp this year w/ Pep's experimentation.

again, this is not a thread on discussing who we should sign.

get out of here if you want to discuss that.

thanks J. please read the Original Post before replying in this thread. Benj you should have known better. I'm furiously disappointed in you.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
I know what is the original topic, i was just replaying to a member about signing Villa..

Sorry for the off topic though, we just got carried away :)

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
irv, i think we were very conventional with the 4-3-3 during the first leg and hence the lack of double marking on our left hand side allowed walcott with the time and space to cause havok.

i think this 3-3-3-1 in attack and 4-2-3-1 is perfect to counter the pace of cristiano in the el clasico. i am of belief that cristiano and walcott have similar speeds during runs and would be exploiting any space that maxwell leaves behind. it would also nullify the presence of their trequarterista (amc).

i think pep would go with that in the clasico rather than 4-3-3.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
yup ... Pep did go w/ the 4-3-3 in the first leg. I was just pointing out a problem w/ Maxwell when he attacks in the 4-2-3-1.

and I totally agree w/ Pep using the 4-2-3-1 in the Clasico. Esp with Iniesta and Ibrah not 100%, and Abidal out. I worry about Cristiano and Higuian exploiting Maxwell/Puyol though. And Milito at CB.

damn.

and don't worry about it Pajo.

Last edited:

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
chat doesn't work for me for some reason :( oh well ... the FCB lineup for El Clasico is something out of either genius or madness from Pep ... k ... total edit ... here is the lineup and formation:

---------------------- VV
-- El Capitan --- Pique -------- Milito --- Maxwell
------------------- Busquets
--- Alves ----- Xavi -------- Kieta ----- Pedro
-------------------- Messi

That's CRAZY!! Pep does it again. first the 4-3-3 to the 4-2-3-1 ... and now a 4-1-4-1 w/ Alves as RMW ... I love it. whether or not it'll work is another thing.

Last edited:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
It's a back 4, then Busquets, Alves-Xavi-Keita, with Messi and Pedro upfront. It's a big gamble and it could change to a 4-1-4-1.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
GolTV had it as a 4-1-4-1 ... but you could view it as a 4-1-3-2 as well ... it's really going to depend how the attack on the pitch before we know which lineup it is. either way I love it. Pep hasn't sacrificed anyone's ability/strength and it'll allow Maxwell to bomb forward and rely on Busquets to cover his gap. El Capitan will prove defensive cover and allow Alves to bomb forward.

Home of Barca Fans