FC Barcelona Tactics

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Whoever the players are won't matter because of what we come up against 90% of the time. Eibar just won't attack us to make the double pivot worth it so we may as well just stick in Munir for that game as another striker. If we have to have 6 'defensive' players against teams like Eibar then I really worry about our defence in general.

realistically we'll have 3 defensive players + Busi in that formation which is more than our 2 CBs + Busi while Alba and Cuadrado can join Rakitic, Iniesta, Messi, Neymar in attack easily enough also Busi can drop into the Xavi role going more forward than usual with Mascherano there to cover for him. Also keep in mind that we are attacked 4-5 time in a game and because of too much space left behind we concede from those few attacks adding Masch into the mix with Busi makes us 100x more defensively sound while giving up very little in attack

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I know it's only Elche but Barca didn't concede 1 shot on target last night. That's not happening very often and we did play with 10 men for half of the match.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I know it's only Elche but Barca didn't concede 1 shot on target last night. That's not happening very often and we did play with 10 men for half of the match.
I liked our defensive formation for the second half. Two lines of 4 men each - Elche couldn't break that

L

linetty

We recovered the ball so quickly every time, I personally loved it, felt like a breath of fresh air. Everyone seemed to know his place and been in the right place every time.

Adrian

We recovered the ball so quickly every time, I personally loved it, felt like a breath of fresh air. Everyone seemed to know his place and been in the right place every time.

I was going to say the same thing. Watching the team chase after the ball after they lose it is very satisfying to me. Love to see that hunger, rather than the attacking players walking back and waiting for the defenders to get the ball back.

barcanuck

I

instinct

ByFsBaxCAAEZjml.jpg:large

Lucho already tries to prepare the team for the arrival of Suarez

BerkeleyBernie

Lucho already tries to prepare the team for the arrival of Suarez

Yup, that's pretty much it, except: 1) Pedro (Suarez) played more between the centerbacks most of the time, and 2) Messi, of course, prefers to cut in from the right, so his average position is more off center. The photo also gets the relative position of Iniesta and Rakitic correct, with Iniesta more part of the advance attack, and Rakitic covering more defensively.

This is why the top player is most isolated. Iniesta Alba Neymar form an attacking trio on the left. On the right, it's Rakitic Alves Messi. The center forward has some freedom to roam, of course, but part of their job is to create space for Messi behind him by occupying the centerbacks (the all-too-rare [and successful] tactic we saw with Villa playing in front of Messi in a few games).

I'd be curious to see if the drifting of the CF to the right (like Pedro in the photo) corresponds to when Messi moves towards the top of the midfield diamond.

Last edited:

Alarcón

We have to recover the ball quickly and we have to be able to keep it and not lose it so often. Those are the most important things for us right now and without them our system can't work properly.

F

Flavia

This is how the team is setup now:

33or24j.jpg

There's a hole in the middle.

Maybe this could be an option?

1121585_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Home of Barca Fans