FC Barcelona Tactics

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
That 3-3-4 looks dangerous on both ends. I can see us using it against teams who park the bus. It'd be suicide to use it against strong counter-attacking teams.

Hellsangel

334 is suicide..

I can see us evolving to something like this:

-----------Neymar---------------Suárez----------
-----------------------Messi---------------------
----------------Iniesta-----Busquets-------------
Alba---------------Mascherano--------------Alves
-------------Piqué--------------Bartra------------
--------------------Ter Stegen-------------------

It's basically a hydrid between 433, 352 and 442diamond. With this balanced system I think we can get the best out of our players as it puts most players into their best position:
- Messi in a free role behind two strikers
- Neymar and Suárez are both more forwards than wingers. They won't be stuck at the sidelines but are allowed more freedom to roam. I want them providing depth, creating much needed time and space for Messi. In this constellation our forward line could be deadly as each single player will have to be double marked because they are so good.
- Mascherano can drop deep to form a 3 man defense or he can move up in midfield. El Jefecito provides extra security thus allowing both wingbacks to bomb forward.
- When Mascherano drops deep, you still have a player like Busquets in there to provide extra defensive awareness in midfield
- Alba and Alves have the engines to create width during 90 minutes

A very fluid approach is necessary for tactical flexibility during games. This team also has more height and power compared to previous season.

Everything stands of falls with the necessary workrate, hunger and desire. The three forwards will have to put in their shifts by pressing hard. I want the 6 second rule reinstated.

ManusXavi

What defensive tactics will Luis Enrique bring in open play?
Will we continue to see Barcelona playing with wing backs played high up the field?

Neymessi

^^Suarez presses and defends a lot.His work rate is amazing. Messi has been doing none and I don't expect him to do anything much this time too.Neymar does a little but he is pretty ineffective in these things.Tends to get a yellow card when he tries tackling.

i_bleed_blaugrana

https://twitter.com/barcastuff/status/493414286723932160

Obama-Not-Bad.jpg

I like that 2nd one, just switch Raki for Rafinha

Antimadridista1

-------------------- Mats -------------------
--------- Bartra - Pique - Mathieu --------
----------- Busi - Mascherano ------------
---- Rakitic ------------------- Iniesta ----
----------------- Messi ---------------------
-------- Suarez -------- Neymar ----------

3-4-1-2

I

instinct

I'd pick this formation. Mathieu and Mascherano could come in when we need to play a bit more defensive.

1055929_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Crixus

-------------------- Mats -------------------
--------- Bartra - Pique - Mathieu --------
----------- Busi - Mascherano ------------
---- Rakitic ------------------- Iniesta ----
----------------- Messi ---------------------
-------- Suarez -------- Neymar ----------

3-4-1-2
I like this formation if we sign another CB to be a back up for these 3 i would love to see us playing with this in the CL elimination stages .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We did force through the middle even with 2 attacking full-backs and wide Alexis so it's conceivable. At least we'd not waste men out there on futile tasks such as Dani crossing or Alexis hugging the line and retreating back like last season.
I don't think it'll happen though. Lucho played 4-3-3 with Celta as Barca have been since the late 90s. Plus, he'd have to dislodge Messi from false 9.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
How will we fit in Messi, Suarez, Neymar AND Iniesta in a 3 at the back formation without making sacrifices on the defensive area. Because it is clear that Lucho will use such a formation this year.

Alarcón

I don't think he'll use a formation with 3 defenders but generally speaking, Neymar and Suárez both have great defensive contribution, underrated

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I don't think he'll use a formation with 3 defenders but generally speaking, Neymar and Suárez both have great defensive contribution, underrated
Yeah its not like Pedro or Sanchez but both Suarez and Neymar has good defensive workrate for forwards

PhilS

How will we fit in Messi, Suarez, Neymar AND Iniesta in a 3 at the back formation without making sacrifices on the defensive area. Because it is clear that Lucho will use such a formation this year.

When I look at this roster, I think you need to start not only the four you mention in attack, but also both Masch and Busquets in midfield. The real defensive change will be an extra DM exchanged for one of the offensive fullbacks. Both Masch and Busquets are just better players than any Barca fullback, especially on defense. One of these two DMs will drop back into the back line frequently.

In recent years, Barca has almost never played 4 in the back. Much of every game, it has been just 2 in the back. One or both "fullbacks" have usually been way up the field on offense. The DM has been much more of a defender than either fullback.

The 3 who start on the backline will not always be pure CBs. Both Adriano and Verm can certainly play in a back 3.

Home of Barca Fans