FC Barcelona Tactics

gingerless

Sanchez can do things Pedro can only dream of doing .....although I see them playing together eventually as Villa takes a back seat in a couple of years ...

umm... pedro is the better finisher for defs, he also works just as hard (although i think sanchez is a better tackler of the ball) pedro is also more of a sneaky fuck and knows where to be at the right time.

sanchez also has his own qualities (beating his man better than pedro does) i also think he has better passing, but pedro's link-up with messi is excellent and so are his short, one-touch passes. they are so damn close it's really hard to choose, but that's exactly where we would want to be right now. love them both.

soarq

Sanchez can, and will, improve his link-up with Messi and the rest with gathered experience. He will also improve his finishing, that's a thing you can practise on day by day basis. Pedro will never become such a threat in 1vs1, you have to be born with it. He's also 1,5y older. Alexis has bigger potential, that's obvious to me and it's just a matter of time he will be our striker nr 1 ahead of Villa and Pedro.

Birdy

Just now, its pedro > sanchez in our barcelona any day.. And it very clear..
If alexis adjusts himself to the sytesm and tasks, we might discuss this..
But for now there is no debate really..

B

barcelonista

http://kasted.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/facepalm.jpg

This really made me laugh afterwards. Because the formation Nure suggested and you used a facepalm picture for was actually used and beat Villarreal 5-0. :lol:

anybody who thinks alves will work in a 3 man D is delusional..........

Pep said he can. ;)

Last edited:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
The absence of Puyol and Pique might have to do with it, since they're our two most important players in defending corners as described by the article.

PuyolsBarnet

Our recent form in that respect is not good. We look liable to concede from every corner!

It's a zonal marking thing, it just doesn't really work. You get a striker with a big of height getting a free run at the ball for a header.

It's easy to say that 'Zonal marking works if nobody makes a mistake' but zonal marking is so fucked up, it invites a mistake, thus there is an inherent flaw in the system.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
It's a zonal marking thing, it just doesn't really work. You get a striker with a big of height getting a free run at the ball for a header.

It's easy to say that 'Zonal marking works if nobody makes a mistake' but zonal marking is so fucked up, it invites a mistake, thus there is an inherent flaw in the system.

There is nothing wrong with zonal marking. How many goals did we concede when we actually had both of our starting center backs (the two most important players in our zonal marking system) present?

Vegy

What about this line-up?

----------Valdes-----------
--Alves---Puyol/Macherano---Adriano--
---------Busquets---------
--Thiago---Xavi---Fabregas/Pedro--
--Pedro/Fabregas----Messi---Villa--

Without injuries:

----------Valdes-----------
--Puyol/Alves---Pique---Adriano--
---------Busquets---------
--Alves/Thiago---Xavi---Iniesta--
--Alexis----Messi---Pedro--

A very offensive approach that could easily solve our slow defenders problem. And Alves CAN play in a CB position. He did that against Valencia in the second half.

soarq

Playing Alves and Adriano in 3 men defense sounds crazy. Pique as the only CB is also not a great idea.

4-3-3:

Valdes
Alves-Puyol-Pique-Abidal
Busquets
Xavi-Fabregas
Sanchez-Messi-Iniesta

That's the best thing we can get once Cesc finds his comfortable place in the midfield.

M

mitkoa7x

Way I see it, we need more 1-2 passing in front of the box, especialy against buses. 1 passes to the other, the other returns the ball to him when he is in position, there is a good chance a defender would trip him when trying to get in possition, if not then either its a good chance or try again.

Home of Barca Fans