FC Barcelona Tactics

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It was an interesting experiment by Pep and it seemed to have worked. We were so focused on double pivot formation with Mascherano purchase and here is Pep surprising us all again. We got the extra width there which enables us to stretch the opponents. Toure would have been even better than Sergi for that role as he is stronger on the ball, more calm-less prone to mistakes, better header and last but not least; played as CB for us previously.
A tall target man would utilize the formation to the fullest but then that wouldn't be Barca as we know it, would it.
When Mascherano played he slotted in as a deep DM instead of Busquets but it was not enough to rate him properly.

F

Flavia

I'm not very good a tactics, but I believe we need something new when facing parked bus.

Trequartista

The good
1-The modern sweeper stuff was again obvious,but today it was different,in our last matches,it was only Pique going forward and covering Alves,today,Puyol did the same,he was nearly playing as a left back in the first half to cover Adriano,maybe bec Adriano is always looking to go forward,in the second half when Maxwell came on,it was a bit different,Busquetes didnt drop in a lot,Puyol didnt have to cover Maxell as he had a more balanced game
2-Iniesta played in the first half in the free role behind Villa and Pedro who were playing out wide,Villa made some smart moves towards the centre in the space left by noone,he looked worse when moved centrally in the second half where Iniesta played on the left

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
this modern sweeper system is perfect for teams that utilize 2 strikers but against 1 striker, it would be a waste of one man.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
You got that straight out of zonalmarking.

i did? yay, glad that zm and I agree on that. :)

not really,I would say that its better if you have 2 attacking minded fullbacks

not really... against 1 striker, the teams are more likely to pass the ball rather than lob it (due to 2 striker system possessing atleast one striker that is a targetman).

a DM at a bank in front of the 2 central defenders is perfect for anticipating the passes to the obvious man.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
finally got to sit down and watch a game live on Saturday, although I had to babysit my godson and his parents dropped him off during the 2nd half so I missed from the 1st goal onwards. the first half was quite interesting with Busquets pushing closer to the back four to provide an outlet and be the link between Xavi/Keita and the back four. I really couldn't pay attention that much. I'm hoping to be able to watch more this week in the CL and this weekend.

as for tactics vs parking the bus, there is one sure-fire way to break that: set pieces. I've said it/typed at least a million times. Football players are too athletic, disciplined (esp the top tier teams like Chelsea and Inter) and well coached (Real Madrid) to break them down via passing the ball in tight spaces or running through a maze of players. What we need is Ronaldinho in his free kick prime. that's how you destroy the parked bus.

10Messi10

True Barcelonista
finally got to sit down and watch a game live on Saturday, although I had to babysit my godson and his parents dropped him off during the 2nd half so I missed from the 1st goal onwards. the first half was quite interesting with Busquets pushing closer to the back four to provide an outlet and be the link between Xavi/Keita and the back four. I really couldn't pay attention that much. I'm hoping to be able to watch more this week in the CL and this weekend.

as for tactics vs parking the bus, there is one sure-fire way to break that: set pieces. I've said it/typed at least a million times. Football players are too athletic, disciplined (esp the top tier teams like Chelsea and Inter) and well coached (Real Madrid) to break them down via passing the ball in tight spaces or running through a maze of players. What we need is Ronaldinho in his free kick prime. that's how you destroy the parked bus.

damn we need a CR7 :lol:

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
damn we need a CR7 :lol:

Cristiano? are you kidding me? he couldn't hit the side of a barn on Saturday. He's a volume scorer. He takes so many free kicks that they are bound to hit the target/go in. Not nearly as impressive as Ronaldinho was for us. He was scoring clutch goes goals for us via dead ball situations.

and even then, we don't even need to score from the free kick. just get the ball to the net and see what happens. a little bit of moisture on the ball, a swerve, or a deflection could all lead to a goal. once the first goal goes in the team can turn on the style.

Home of Barca Fans