Wesley Sneijder

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Currently my favourite player, would take him over Cesc at barca right now, Very Bold, But i think hes the complete playmaker, Would rate him closely to Xaviesta..

Whats your thoughts..

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I think you need your head sorting out. ;)

lol, You not rate him then? hes been great at inter this year, great for Holland, Just love to watch him,

Perhaps the Xaviesta thing was exagerated, Hes not at that standard,
But es in the top 5 playmakers at least

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Thanks for making a thread on this. Sneijder is talented and does have some qualities about him, obviously a technical player with very good shooting abilities, accurate and powerful striking and is exceptionally well from the dead ball situation. His best season came in 2006-2007 he scored 20 goals in 43 appearances with a 46% gs.
He has been plagued by inconsistency and injuries in the past but I think he is doing well at Inter, has a decent amount of assists and goals so far and he isn't afraid to have a go at goal from distance making use of his shooting abilities.I don't know about rating him above Xavi, they have their similarities, both are really good with keeping fluency through possession, they are both the playmakers in their teams. They can thread deadly through and ranged balls complimenting their creativity and vision.
For me Sneijder is more versatile but both are indispensable to their teams, Xavi is revered at Barca and Sneijder is without doubt Inters most creative player. As for Iniesta, that is a good comparison, they are both attacking/left sided players.

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Passing - Not as Good as Xavi, Better than iniesta
Dribbling - Not as good as Iniesta, Better than Xavi
Shooting - Better than Both

Overall Xavi and Iniesta are better players,but hes a very good tecnical player who is Thhe driving, creative force at inter...

maxan10

SirTugAlot
He has been outstanding against Chelsea, has been running the show in the midfield and has been building up play fantastically. So confident on the ball and such great vision. Breached the Chelsea defence with his balls so often tonight, and has played some wonderful diagonal balls on the counter. Not to mention the assist for Eto'o. Most creative player without a doubt tonight.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He has been outstanding against Chelsea, has been running the show in the midfield and has been building up play fantastically. So confident on the ball and such great vision. Breached the Chelsea defence with his balls so often tonight, and has played some wonderful diagonal balls on the counter. Not to mention the assist for Eto'o. Most creative player without a doubt tonight.

MoM for me. He pulled the strings and moved around so much. Even if it was a defensive match he still shone. I think that action where Pandev went 1 on 1 also came from Sneijder's pass.

samg85

Of course he's good. He came from the school of total football, Ajax. Cruyff must be proud. Of course, I can't say the same for Ibra at the moment.

Last edited:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Passing - Not as Good as Xavi, Better than iniesta
Dribbling - Not as good as Iniesta, Better than Xavi
Shooting - Better than Both
Overall Xavi and Iniesta are better players,but hes a very good tecnical player who is Thhe driving, creative force at inter...

He's only better @shooting.
Xavi is a great dribbler. He always does his marker when he needs to. I think you are also underrating Iniestas passing ability. His vision might be better than iniestas at times, but not his passing.

Sneijder was the best player on the pitch for Inter against Chelsea, still cannot believe they accquired for so little money

Home of Barca Fans