Toni Kroos

Morten

Midfield is garbage, not impressed by Kroos and Casemiro today, to say the least, at least Modric made things happen.

Zidane82

Midfield is garbage, not impressed by Kroos and Casemiro today, to say the least, at least Modric made things happen.

As their reserve team manager said last week Kroos only plays well when Madrid are on top . The guy also called out Casemiro and got sacked !!@

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
Kroos would do well once casemiro is back. Kroos would shine if he plays as 10 with no defensive work, but that will never happen here.

EdmondDantes

Kroos just royally fucked Real Madrid out of an easy 2 points today.

They were just running the clock down, and he took a poor touch, showed terrible awareness and conceded a needless counter in his own final third of the pitch.

Cheers, Tony!

mc_lovin

Just watched the goal. Courtois looked shit as well. Always a bad sign if your goalkeeper leaks goals like that.

El Gato

Villarato!
Just watched the goal. Courtois looked shit as well. Always a bad sign if your goalkeeper leaks goals like that.

Courtois is an easy target, as ever. There are at least 2 outfield players to blame for the goal. His nutmegs are nearly completely anecdotal. Only thing he could do is get in the habit of getting down low faster to minimise the likelihood, because his wingspan would still help him save whatever shot is aimed above his waist, but his boney ass could help saving whatever goes between the legs. In any case it's a 1 on 1 and he did his job.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

You are happy with Courtois? I honestly believe Navas is the better keeper. And I dont think thats necessarily Courtois fault. Hes just too big, those "nutmegs" arent a coincidence. Of course its harder for him to close the gap. The question is if the advantages of his height are worth it. I think you concede far too many goals like that (subjective impression).

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
You are happy with Courtois?

This isn't easily answered. There's nothing you could outright blame the guy for consistently. Nutmegs is as close of a mockery people can resort to with his goalkeeping. He never had an issue with this until he conceded the goals to Messi, no more than any other keeper.

I'm not happy with defending in the past 2 years putting him in jeopardy all the time. Navas never had to deal with completely braindead fullbacks like he does.

Kroos was an idiot. Carvajal even worse.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
It's not just the nutmegs. He goes down way too quick in 1v1's , could have probably saved alot of goals he leaked if just stood tall. Doesn't help that he is arrogant as fuck and thinks he the best GK in the world.

Marca said:
"I consider myself to be one of the best, although the Spanish press would love to kill me," said Courtois.

"I feel very strong and I'm at ease because I know I train and play well.

"The goalkeeper went on to explain what happened in relation to the Cheryshev goal against Russia. "Cheryshev elbowed me and I therefore wasn't able to stop the ball from going in," he noted.

"It was a small error, but these things happen in the life of a goalkeeper."Next up for Belgium and Courtois is Cyprus. After that he will return to Madrid where the battle for the No.1 spot with Navas will resume.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Of course you have to improve in other areas as well (just like us). And Kroos and Carvajal were idiots like you put it. No denying that, but Courtois isnt blameless in a chain of errors or in his case maybe a wrong profile. You put a 10cm smaller keeper there and you dont concede that goal. But to be fair 34ME (?) was a bargain, and hes not bad per se... but its just my general impression that the "newer" type of goalkeepers are between 1,85m to 1,9m and more agile. For age alone trading Navas for him is sensible, but Real - like us- should go for the optimum.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
It's not just the nutmegs. He goes down way too quick in 1v1's , could have probably saved alot of goals he leaked if just stood tall. Doesn't help that he is arrogant as fuck and probably thinks he the best GK in the world.

That's the opposite of what I see in terms of 1v1 assessment. Standing tall doesn't help when you actively need to use your stature and spread yourself out to cover the goal. Nor is he routinely getting rounded in these situations. Except in his case, there's a target in the middle some strikers may just go for in every 1 on 1 against him.
So yeah.. If you say so..

Arrogance is a different thing. I haven't seen enough of it to think of it as anything but lack of subtlety. Doesn't strike me as the smartest guy ever, but he's probably a good guy.

Overrated? Probably a bit. Still quite capable of reaching the level he's touted to be on. Part of the reason for him being here is so that he actually is in the spotlight. Either he crashes and burns, or he earns the respect.

Last edited:

serghei

I agree with Wolfe. Criticism on Courtois is completely blown out of proportion. Hell, he almost saved that shot last night.

Their squad is quality, like ours, but it is filled with players that are not motivated, so they don't quite work as hard as in the past. Same problems like us, except we have Messi, and they don't have Ronaldo.

It really boils down to Zidane's quality as a manager. It's time to prove he belongs in the conversation with the likes of Guardiola, Klopp, Simeone.

Home of Barca Fans