Toni Kroos

G

Gascav

Yeah? Good question. Who is the chosen one to replace one of the best if not the best midfielders in the world? How about Cesc

No! Cesc is an excellent CAM but not a good CM. why is that? He can not control the ball under pressure, it is not his natural position, hecant control the tempo of the game, he can not control a match, and by playing him there we will limit his ability to give final passes which is when he plays just behind the strikers. We all saw how stale he was vs ajax as a Cm. we had a lot lower control of that match and we all know how barca is without the ball! Kroos is a perfect replacement. Just because he is German that doesnt mean he cant play for barca. Cesc is good at what he is doing and i think it is right to take him from what he does best to do something else that is not his thing.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Kroos for Xavi's replacement? Lol? Good joke. The kid's good but nowhere near to replace someone like Xavi.
Why don't you think he can be Xavi's heir? He is certainly quality and has a similar style plus a odd shot from distance every once in a while. I think he can do really well also he is young and has his best years ahead of him although he is alot like Costa in looking older than he actually is

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Kroos for Xavi's replacement? Lol? Good joke. The kid's good but nowhere near to replace someone like Xavi.

Yes, thank you. We also much prefer to keep our Kroos than have your Xavi.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yeah? Good question. Who is the chosen one to replace one of the best if not the best midfielders in the world? How about Cesc

I take it you are speaking about the past when you refer to him as "best midfielder in the world", like in 2008 or something?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

we want kroos he will be ours!!!

No shit. I'm VERY afraid by now that the guy WILL leave us, given his expiring contract and all the fuzz surrounding it. If the 14 millions offer by United holds any water, we are entering dangerous territory (doesn't have to be United, but if the other European top dogs are willing to raise this kind of money to tempt him away, it might prove impossible to get him to sign an extension at Bayern. Remember, he's not a true Bavarian like Müller, Schweinsteiger or Lahm).

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?

I take it you are speaking about the past when you refer to him as "best midfielder in the world", like in 2008 or something?

Bayern should hire you, your militant defence of anything Bayern and criticism of anything non-Bayern would surely appease Sammer.

No shit. I'm VERY afraid by now that the guy WILL leave us, given his expiring contract and all the fuzz surrounding it. If the 14 millions offer by United holds any water, we are entering dangerous territory.

No worries, I'm quite sure he will extend or leave in 2015. The board has been clear on that imo.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
No shit. I'm VERY afraid by now that the guy WILL leave us, given his expiring contract and all the fuzz surrounding it. If the 14 millions offer by United holds any water, we are entering dangerous territory (doesn't have to be United, but if the other European top dogs are willing to raise this kind of money to tempt him away, it might prove impossible to get him to sign an extension at Bayern. Remember, he's not a true Bavarian like Müller, Schweinsteiger or Lahm).

No seriously I would love for Kroos to join Barca the midfield will be set for a decade almost

R

Ryu Hayabusa

:rolleyes: Bayern should hire you, your militant defence of anything Bayern and critique of anything non-Bayern would surely appease Sammer.

Well, I take that as a compliment. ;)
Honestly, your citicism does hold water, but in my defense, usually I only make such 'snippy' remarks, when my bullshit sensor reaches critical levels.

No worries, I'm quite sure he will extend or leave in 2015. The board has been clear on that imo.

Yes, this IS what I'm afraid of...

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

How convenient it is for you to say that right now, knowing Xavi is declining. Xavi in his prime was much much better than Kroos today (albeit he probably has not reached his prime yet).

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Who is the best midfielder in the world right now, in your opinion?

I don't know, especially not since I dunno which measure we apply (passing, anticipation, flexibility, defensive work rate, goal threatening potential etc). But I know for sure it is NOT 2013/2014's Xavi.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Well, I take that as a compliment. ;)
Honestly, your citicism does hold water, but in my defense, usually I only make such 'snippy' remarks, when my bullshit sensor reaches critical levels.

Yes, this IS what I'm afraid of...

But the negotiations aren't in a critical state or anything. Kroos is holding off negotiations until after the wc, which only makes sense considering he's the likely first choice on the "doppelsechs" and can put a lot of pressure on Bayern afterwards, and Bayern are in no hurry either. I think the problems behind this are blown up by the press anyway - his alleged issues (money and recognition) aren't issues as such but in direct association with the Götze deal - the problem is that Götze's being at the top of the wage pyramid ruined the hierarchy and made Kroos considerably underpaid, which in turn does not suggest high appreciation for Kroos. It's not as if he's some greedy egomaniac that wants to be in the centre of attention (as some papers suggest), and he sounds as if he wants to stay. (Even if it was solely about money and attention as such , United could offer him the money, but there he'd be behind Rooney, RVP and possibly Mata in the attention department too.) Admittedly the Götze contract was a bit unwise imo but it's not unfixable.
I think you'll reach a deal, if not he's stupid to leave, he won't find a better environment for himself anywhere, including loyalty etc.

serghei

Who is the best midfielder in the world right now, in your opinion?

Box to box: Vidal, Yaya Toure, Fernandinho, Matuidi.
Central: Iniesta, Fabregas, Modric, Pjanic, Kroos.
Defensive: Busquets, Pogba, Javi Martinez, Bender.

That's what I like best.

AfricanBavarian

But the negotiations aren't in a critical state or anything. Kroos is holding off negotiations until after the wc, which only makes sense considering he's the likely first choice on the "doppelsechs" and can put a lot of pressure on Bayern afterwards, and Bayern are in no hurry either. I think the problems behind this are blown up by the press anyway - his alleged issues (money and recognition) aren't issues as such but in direct association with the Götze deal - the problem is that Götze's being at the top of the wage pyramid ruined the hierarchy and made Kroos considerably underpaid, which in turn does not suggest high appreciation for Kroos. It's not as if he's some greedy egomaniac that wants to be in the centre of attention (as some papers suggest), and he sounds as if he wants to stay. (Even if it was solely about money and attention as such , United could offer him the money, but there he'd be behind Rooney, RVP and possibly Mata in the attention department too.) Admittedly the Götze contract was a bit unwise imo but it's not unfixable.
I think you'll reach a deal, if not he's stupid to leave, he won't find a better environment for himself anywhere, including loyalty etc.

Who told you Gotze is at the top of the wage pyramid at Bayern? Only Schwein, Ribery, and Lahm are...

Home of Barca Fans