Toni Kroos

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Indeed. So you thought he played well last night? What about last season?

Popular opinion has it that Kroos actually had a decent first season for Real. Even his stats seem alright given his role in the team.

Galning

I refuse to believe this is the same, once promising player from * Bayern. Bad last season, even worse this year. Well, as long as he's at Madrid, long may it continue.

There's a reason why they sold him. I never thought he looked that great for Bayern either. At least, not the playing according to his hype.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Well, he has always been a tad lethargic and he is not exactly fast or much of a trickster.
He does have great vision, an excellent foot for long balls and is generally pretty good at set-pieces and one-touch shots from a distance. He also does well when pressed.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Kroos is seriously underrated. Was always good for Bayern, is immense for the national team and is also playing well for Madrid imo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
On the contrary I think he's overrated. Doesn't mean he's not absolutely World Class though, but he's simple not in the elite bracket of midfielders like Xavi and Co. And will never be.

Too many flaws in his game for him to be which is masked by his other and more great attributes.

Doesn't really have the dynamism like his other fellow German Centre Midfield IMO and to just simply be right up there which he's gotten hyped as.

But with if he's consistent World Class then neither Germany or Real Madrid should complain.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
On the contrary I think he's overrated. Doesn't mean he's not absolutely World Class though, but he's simple not in the elite bracket of midfielders like Xavi and Co. And will never be.

Too many flaws in his game for him to be which is masked by his other and more great attributes.

Doesn't really have the dynamism like his other fellow German Centre Midfield IMO and to just simply be right up there which he's gotten hyped as.

But with if he's consistent World Class then neither Germany or Real Madrid should complain.

Toni Kroos could be perfect if he was played in front of a DM or in a diamond midfield but we play neither. He fits Germany in a flat midfield because the entire team puts in a disciplined performance every game, and all defend. At Real, we do not offer him the same protection he requires, he often has protect others.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Toni Kroos could be perfect if he was played in front of a DM or in a diamond midfield but we play neither. He fits Germany in a flat midfield because the entire team puts in a disciplined performance every game, and all defend. At Real, we do not offer him the same protection he requires, he often has protect others.

I agree, the problem atm has more to do with his new tactical role under Benitez, who abuses him as a anchorman, a role which is more befitting of Casemiro, and not so much his alleged lack of world class.
Kroos under Ancelotti was being groomed to be the next Pirlo, which worked very well for him and Real.
I find it weird that Benitez didn't choose Modric as the new anchorman DM, who I see as much more capable defensively compared to Kroos, while Kroos is clearly the better Deep-lying playmaker, though Real actualy uses Modric as a box-to-box midfielder, a role which also doesn't suit Kroos all too well.
If anyone is to blame here, it is Benitez and his defensive football. Ancelotti was the much better coach. It will take some time for Perez to realize his error.

Home of Barca Fans