Toni Kroos

R

Ryu Hayabusa

@suckabov: Well, I certainly hope you're right. Losing Kroos would not only be a loss in terms of orchestring our gameplay, but also in that it would set a dangerous precedent for the rest of the team.

@serghei: No love for Schweinsteiger?

@AB: That one French (?) newspaper which listed the alleged salaries of our players.
edit: Oh, ok. Bild was the original source. kay... usually they are pretty well informed about Bayern.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Who told you Gotze is at the top of the wage pyramid at Bayern? Only Schwein, Ribery, and Lahm are...

Apart from these, obviously...

You can conclude that from the time his and the other contracts were negotiated, the behaviour of Götze's and Kroos' agent in the matter and the time of Sammer's appointment. But that Götze would be top of the pyramid (apart from the names you mentioned) was widely reported when the transfer happened.

@AB: That one French (?) newspaper which listed the alleged salaries of our players.
edit: Oh, ok. Bild was the original source. kay... usually they are pretty well informed about Bayern.

Well, they have a footnote saying "Alle Angaben geschätzt". :rolleyes:

yeah I'm one of the dumb Bild readers, Springer press in general :wub:

Just stop answering questions for me, thanks. Btw, SportBild originally published the list you mean, that's a different newspaper (bild's sport desk is called sport bild). And that's not what I was referring to.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Anyway, back to the point, the positions are quite reasonable and not really in a critical state yet; United's alleged offer doesn't change much about it. That Kroos wants to wait until the summer only makes sense. He sounded as if he was keen on staying in his last Interview too.

Last edited:

DB10

Kroos will stay. Though he seems to enjoy playing at the Emirates. #daydream

Though Man Utd would be better throwing 300k at the likes of Kroos rather than Rooney.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Box to box: Vidal, Yaya Toure, Fernandinho, Matuidi.
Central: Iniesta, Fabregas, Modric, Pjanic, Kroos.
Defensive: Busquets, Pogba, Javi Martinez, Bender.

That's what I like best.

I'd add Schweinsteiger to the box to box list. When he is in form he is the best there.

Dave Saves

We'll be wasting our time going after Kroos like we did with Fabregas last summer. We had Champions League last time but didn't offer Barcelona anywhere near enough money to tempt you lot to sell Fabregas, and we can offer any amount of money to Bayern and Kroos, but the player won't be leaving the best Bayern team in many years to join the worst United team in decades to play in Europa league.

AfricanBavarian

Bayern Munich working hard to tie Toni Kroos to a new contract

Financial director Jan-Christian Dreesen says they will be making a big effort to keep the player and will highlight the success he can achieve at the club.

"We are ready to keep on discussing with Toni Kroos and I am hoping to be able to see these talks end successfully," Dreesen told Sport-BILD.

"We are about to put up something substantial in this respect.

"We really want to appreciate the performances of Toni.

"We are serious and sustainable. At our club you will enjoy success."

AfricanBavarian

Toni Kroos in no rush over Bayern Munich contract
“Because of my character this [the speculation] does not stress me at all. I do my thing, and I believe I have done that very well in recent weeks,” he told reporters.

Kroos added that “there are worse situations” than his at the moment, while conceding that he is holding out for a bigger pay rise from Bayern.

“It is certainly not only about the money, that would not be my character,” he said. “But, of course, I’d have to lie if I was to say that it is not also about the money.”

Kroos, who revived his somewhat stagnant career during a loan spell at Bayer Leverkusen, said that he wants to focus on the World Cup in the summer.

He did not, however, reveal if he will make a decision about his future before or after the tournament in Brazil.

“There is no date when a decision has to be made,” he said.

Meanwhile, kicker has named Barcelona and Real Madrid as two clubs lining up for Kroos’ signature.

According to the paper, they have joined United, who have reportedly made Kroos a contract offer, in the race to land the player.

“Not many clubs come into question,” Kroos said about his potential new employers.

However, former Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes has urged Kroos to stay put at the Bavarian club.

“Players who have the potential for FC Bayern and can still further themselves should never even think about leaving the club,” Heynckes told kicker. “You don’t leave Bayern like that, not even for Real or Barca.”

jklz

" Meanwhile, kicker has named Barcelona and Real Madrid as two clubs lining up for Kroos’ signature."
Interesting. Would of course be an amazing replacement for Xavi in the end. I think he'll stay though.

Home of Barca Fans