Most Painful Barca Memory

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Signing Abidal

Kids.....

I think the game against Perikos was one of the most toughest moments for me. The streets in Ciutat Contal were basically empty after that game (except in Poble Sec and other areas surrounding Montjuïc).

Glad those blanc i blau muppets moved to Cornellà

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i know, madrid arse licking scum. had fun watching them lose the uefa cup final at hampden to sevilla.

Chucka

Hussein Said know your role
I was pretty much hurt when John Terry scored for 4:2 on the Bridge. It was our first "dream team" year during the Rijkaard's era, so everyone was very excited about a new triumph in the Champions league.

We came back from 3:0 to 3:2, which was qualifying us for the next round and then - BAM! Goal from a set piece and it was not even a proper header by Terry. I remember that I wanted to cry.

The draw against Espanyol was even more shocking, because everything happened so fast (with Madrid equalizing against Zaragoza), but I remember that I needed some time to figure out what's just happened. I didn't want to believe that we actually lost the title.

So, so true, about all of it esp the 'happening all so quickly' in 2007 :lol:

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Guard of ...... that was the very worst. Also the Figo thing pissed me right off.

As matter of fact, the Figo affair only happened because Gaspart and the other candidates to Barça election in 2000 don't want to negotiate his contract, as had happened a few years before with Ronaldo (with precisely gaspart)

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Same here. That was devastating and we came in as favorites with Milan in injury problems.
Absolutely shocking defeat.

That match represents the begining of the end of the Dream Team (1991-1994)...

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
The 4-1 defeat that followed the guard of honour was awful and a real low point. The 4-2 defeat against Chelsea was frustrating given how we'd come back, and the the manner of Terry's goal. The climax to the 2007 season was probably the worst though, starting out with such high expectations and throwing it all away, specifically the league. The Espanyol match, and then the final week turnaround by Real against Mallorca, bad times.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Athens 94, from a neutral perspective, at that time. You should have won a CL with Romario and Stoichkov leading the line. 1986 too you should have comfortably won it, but bottled it.

beef-supreme

There have been many painful moments, and many of them have been mentioned, one that hasn't been said here is one that for me characterised those two painful seasons after the CL victory.
Barca went into the second leg of the Copa del Rey final wiht a commanding victory in the first leg, including a brilliant Messi goal. Jorquera played in goal, I remember him wearing his red GK kit. We conceded 4, against all odds. Just 3 days later, we were up 1-0 against Betis. But I felt that something was wrong, we were very shaky in defence. I'm fairly sure it was Rafael Sobis who was subbed on, around the 60th or so minute, and I knew this was going to go wrong. We'd put in some crap performances against Betis in seasons past. Near the very end of the match Betis got a free kick and Sobis scored. It was so going to happen. It was the point of no return because we lost our title then. Those 3 days, they really encapsulated the way something was inherently wrong with the team after the CL win. I'm not sure if I recall the details correctly but that's the way I remember it to be at least.

Tezemery

I think the Espanyol game as many have said that game just took it all out of me it felt so hopeless i wanted to do more i was cheering my team on from the begining till...well you know, but after that i remember just breaking down in my room crying my eyes out i couldnt bear it and didnt realise until that time how upseting and cruel football can be it was the first time my girlfriend saw me cry and the second was after iniesta's goal against chelsea :).

Home of Barca Fans