Rafael Van Der Vaart

Beast

The Observer
I really admire his mental strength , he made an awesome start last season for 8 games or so and was scoring for fun than he was crap for most of the season and was a certainty to leave the club in the summer we even stripped him from his shirt in preparation for his departure .
yet lack of suitors with the right price made Real sacrifice the more established players like Wesley & Robben to balance the books .
when everyone written him off as "delayed till next summer /winter transfer window " he proved to be a very valuable squad member stepping up when it mattered (Kaka injury for a month ) and scoring crucial goals .

I learned to respect Rafael this season more than ever , cause i do respect people with such warrior mentality

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Should we snatch this guy from Madrid? I know that Pep won't sign anyone unless a catalan, and I know Madrid probably won't sell him to us, but hell, this guy may fit our squad! He's already accustomed to be a bench warmer, he still has a lot of talent and flair, and considering Madrid need to trim their squad the price might be just right...

-Nas-

Gone to Spurs for £8m.

Is he gonna end up starting over Modric? Spurs have good options in midfield now.

Trequartista

The good
Gone to Spurs for £8m.

Is he gonna end up starting over Modric? Spurs have good options in midfield now.

He can play either as an attacking midfielder or as a left winger,he will rotate with Modric,Bale,maybe Harry would use 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 which may allow Modric,VDV to play together

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
-----------Gomez-----------
Corluka-King-Dawson-Assou Ekotto
------Palacios------------------------
-------------------Modric------------
-------------VDV----------------------
Lennon---------------------------Bale
---------------Defoe------------------

Thats what i would play.

Trequartista

The good
-----------Gomez-----------
Corluka-King-Dawson-Assou Ekotto
------Palacios------------------------
-------------------Modric------------
-------------VDV----------------------
Lennon---------------------------Bale
---------------Defoe------------------

Thats what i would play.

VDV in a more deeper role than Modric

Trequartista

The good
VDV is too lazy to play there, and is an out and out AM,

Modric can play both, plus has a much higher workrate.

No way,VDV played with Hollan in the last WC in a more deeper role ,the classic De Jong-VDV subistitution in the WC didnt mean that the formation changed into a 4-3-3,it meant that VDV had to play in a more deeper role,I still think that his best position is as an AMF but for the VDV-Modric partnership,VDV will play in a deeper role,anyway I dont think that HArry will stick with this formation,he is obsessed with playing with 2 strikers even in strong away matches where an addition to midfield is more than a must

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
No way,VDV played with Hollan in the last WC in a more deeper role ,the classic De Jong-VDV subistitution in the WC didnt mean that the formation changed into a 4-3-3,it meant that VDV had to play in a more deeper role,I still think that his best position is as an AMF but for the VDV-Modric partnership,VDV will play in a deeper role,anyway I dont think that HArry will stick with this formation,he is obsessed with playing with 2 strikers even in strong away matches where an addition to midfield is more than a must

VDV played on the left this world cup when he played.
ive followed him his entire career as i really like him, Hes an AM, always has been, always will be,

Hes played the deeper role with the NT a few times and has been utter utter gash, If hes in behhind the strikers he doesnt have to worry about defensive duties. If he plays 4-2-3-1 ill bet my life savings tat he will be as an AM.

And in what world did holland play 4-3-3 this world cup

-------De-Jong-Van Bommell--------
--Robben-----Sneijder------Kuyt--
--------------RVP----------------------

or when Robben was injured, Kuyt moved to the righht and VDV played on the left.

Trequartista

The good
VDV played on the left this world cup when he played.
ive followed him his entire career as i really like him, Hes an AM, always has been, always will be,

Hes played the deeper role with the NT a few times and has been utter utter gash, If hes in behhind the strikers he doesnt have to worry about defensive duties. If he plays 4-2-3-1 ill bet my life savings tat he will be as an AM.

And in what world did holland play 4-3-3 this world cup

-------De-Jong-Van Bommell--------
--Robben-----Sneijder------Kuyt--
--------------RVP----------------------

or when Robben was injured, Kuyt moved to the righht and VDV played on the left.

:lol: I said that this didnt mean that the double pivot changed into a 4-3-3 becaue it stayed as a double pivot even with the classic De Jong-VDV substitution

Trequartista

The good
fair enoug, still didnt change the fact he played on the left.

He played either on the left or deep beside Van Bommel,but he never played as AMF for Holland as this position was reserved for Snejder,even the De Jong out VDV in subs didnt mean that Sneijder had to drop deep because VDV played in a very deep position

Home of Barca Fans