Christian Eriksen

George_Costanza

Where would he even play? With the promotion of Alena in the summer, to the arrival of Arthur. And with Griezmann joining the already stacked attack with Dembele, Messi and Suarez, I think Coutinho will play the midfield position a lot more. Iniesta's role. Busquets has his role locked in, and so does Rakitic it appears. And who says Denis Suarez will be sold.

Alena would play 1 or 2 league games, few CDR if he is promoted. Arthur will get the same treatment as well. Griezmann should only come if we are selling Messi. As he is not a #9 more like #10. The team is still not balanced and the midfiled is weak.

George_Costanza

RB Leipzig forward Yussuf Poulsen has heaped praise on Denmark team-mate Christian Eriksen, stating the Tottenham star has the quality to replace Andres Iniesta at Barcelona.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/poulsen-backs-eriksen-replace-iniesta#0wjMZDyGd3dzo7p4.99

We need more people talk in the news and linking us to Eriksen, maybe just maybe one of board member will take a notice and start to know who is this Eriksen. I really doubt any of them even know he exist eventhough he is star player in EPL.

Vilarrubi

RB Leipzig forward Yussuf Poulsen has heaped praise on Denmark team-mate Christian Eriksen, stating the Tottenham star has the quality to replace Andres Iniesta at Barcelona.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/poulsen-backs-eriksen-replace-iniesta#0wjMZDyGd3dzo7p4.99

We need more people talk in the news and linking us to Eriksen, maybe just maybe one of board member will take a notice and start to know who is this Eriksen. I really doubt any of them even know he exist eventhough he is star player in EPL.

Everyone who watches football knows who Eriksen is......

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine having two mobile, quick players in the midfield that are creative passers and good shooters?

This makes so much sense IMO.

We've missed out on Kroos, Modric, Isco, KDB even Pjanic I guess

Midfielders who are either World Class or very good.

This will really free up Messi to play more advanced too instead of having to drop down deep all the time to get the ball. And if he can improve his movement in a more advanced role, it just makes the team much better.

Both Coutinho and Eriksen will have the hunger, pace and intensity we need to win the CL.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Obviously we know he is.

And if we are using danish sources anyway, then Luna Christofi a danish journalist who has fine sources in MD and the club says that we surely are monitoring him, and according to her it isn't ruled out that we buy Eriksen even though Coutinho arrived.

Imagine having two mobile, quick players in the midfield that are creative passers and good shooters?

This makes so much sense IMO.

We've missed out on Kroos, Modric, Isco, KDB even Pjanic I guess

Midfielders who are either World Class or very good.

This will really free up Messi to play more advanced too instead of having to drop down deep all the time to get the ball. And if he can improve his movement in a more advanced role, it just makes the team much better.

Both Coutinho and Eriksen will have the hunger, pace and intensity we need to win the CL.

And the best part: Coutinho and Eriksens most underrated trait is their willingness to take the defensive runs as well, they are by no means luxury players.

Last edited:

Devils

Everyone except Barca's management.

Now if he went and got his name changed to Eriksinho, Barto would be sell whatever remains of his soul to satan to sign him.

George_Costanza

dude no, only the elite scouts of barcaforum know who eriksen is

You will be surprised how many of the board members got the job simply because of nepotism and not footballing related merit.

This is not a wild guess. A list of board of directors and their professional background is listed in official Barcelona website. Go check it!

clemente

I don't get why is this thread active, do people really think we will buy Eriksen? He would cost as much as Coutinho and we already are spending 100m on Griezzman.

BarçaBarça

I don't get why is this thread active, do people really think we will buy Eriksen? He would cost as much as Coutinho and we already are spending 100m on Griezzman.

People are discussing the theoretical choice we have: Buy Griezmann or Eriksen. We can (at least) afford one. Interesting discussing, tbh, because it taps into the discussing of balance of the team, Suarez possible decline, lack of midfieldcohesion the last few seasons etc.

We can discuss possibilities not just the most likely scenario.

Trickykid

People are discussing the theoretical choice we have: Buy Griezmann or Eriksen. We can (at least) afford one. Interesting discussing, tbh, because it taps into the discussing of balance of the team, Suarez possible decline, lack of midfieldcohesion the last few seasons etc.

We can discuss possibilities not just the most likely scenario.

We've frequently exceeded our alleged summer transfer budget as well, tapping into next years budget and so on, and I wouldn't be surprised if we go for both of them, if the opportunity arises.

That said, I still don't think Eriksen is what we need - unless we completely reconstruct our game from midfield and up.
Sure, he can play the controlling midfielder, but his true strenght definitely lies in going forward and either setting up or ending attacking plays. And that's the thing, with Spurs he has the freedom to do so with Wanyama/Dier and Dembélé behind him. We have no such muscle or workrate in our midfield, and we'd either end up stifling Eriksen or creating even bigger holes in our current not so well oiled midfield.

If EV insists on a 442, perhaps he could play the right wing with Busi and Raki centrally and Cou on the left. Where does that leave Dembélé, though? In 443 I simply don't see it unless we replace Raki with someone much quicker and more mobile. Hell, I've even seen suggestions of playing Cou, Busi and Eriksen in the 433, which is fantasy football at best.

Don't get me wrong, I do think he has the quality to play for us, but with our current setup and squad, I can't make it work in theory.

Messi

I am not sure what is already decided, cause i havent followed rumours much lately, but I would hate to get Griezman if it is at the expense of someone like Eriksen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His contract is ending 2020, I just don't see Spurs even considering to sell him.

That's exactly why it makes sense to sell him now if he want to leave and they get a good offer. If he doesn't renew he'll have a year left next season and they could risk losing him to a PL rival.

Home of Barca Fans