Christian Eriksen

Nello

His form kind of dropped in the most important part of last season. He seems Coutinho-like. He has moments where he is decisive, but the overall presence in the game comes and goes.

Honestly, I don't see too many similarities between Couthinho and Eriksen. They both have a great shot, are good dribblers and are attacking-minded, but that's also it.

Eriksen, IMO, is a much more rounded player. Besides his attacking abilities, he could offer much more to our midfield than Coutinho has been able (I Know Cutinho mostly has played as a LW, but that's for a reason, I think).

His stamina, pressing game and overall workrate is a different league to Coutinho's, and even better than our own workhorse Raktic's. As Clemente mentioned, he was the player who covered most ground per game for a long period in the EPL, probably the most physical league in the world.

His passing game is also really good. He might not create big chances or score goals every game, but he always makes smart decisions, good passes and clearly contributes a lot to the fluidity and dynamism of Tottenham's play. He doesn't lose the ball nearly as much as Coutinho and handles pressure better than Rakitic.

If you've watched some of Denmark's games against big teams, where we often are under pressure, Eriksen is crucial in our build-up and for our possession and transitions to attack.

Last season he scored/assisted 0.57 per game in the EPL. Rakitic and Coutinho 0.23 and 0.20 respectively.
So basically, he'd contribute At least as much offensively and defensively as Raktic, and he'd offer more press resistance, a better and faster passing game and more speed.

I'm Danish, so I might be biased, but he definitely wouldn't be the worst addition to our team IMO. I think Frenkie would appreciate the amount of movement he'd add as well.

Nello

Eriksen is not a good dribbler by any stretch of the imagination.

I might have exaggerated a bit regarding dribbling to prove my point. True, he doesn't take on defenders 1v1 all the time. He is, however, quite skilled with the ball, and can dribble/carry the ball out of tricky situations and tight spaces way better than Rakitic. On the counters he isn't slow neither and can carry the ball for a while before making a pass at the right moment.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Absolute piss poor performance against City today.

Honestly , maybe I was just unlucky but every game I watched of him , he was just average as fuck and Moussa Sissoko usually outperformed him. City , Ajax , Liverpool come to mind in the Cl and today again.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Eriksen for free next summer would be a dream transfer :wub:

Rakitic out this summer, and Vidal or Busquets out next summer, Eriksen in + Puig promoted.

MTL_Barca

Feels like big teams don't rate him

Don't think thats the problem. More like big teams don't rate him as a 100M player, and that's understandable.

Whoever signs him next summer will make a great deal imo unless he demands an insane salary/signing fee.

Andrew M

Don't think thats the problem. More like big teams don't rate him as a 100M player, and that's understandable.

Whoever signs him next summer will make a great deal imo unless he demands an insane salary/signing fee.

I get the impression he'd have been available for well less than that.

Catta

Barca should do the smart thing for once and get a quality player for free. Was always a better player than Coutinho but he didn't have the Brazilian flair to be recognized.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If he was Brazilian he'd go for 160m because of at least 1 dumb club out there.

He's not worth what that penny pinching cunt levy would want for him.

:lol: Why would a club owner be a cunt for getting the max out of a sale!? Should appreciate him for his talent rather than calling names!

Home of Barca Fans