Christian Eriksen

Falcao

Like I said in the summer, Barca should have been in for Eriksen instead of that long, ridiculously overpriced pursuit of Coutinho.

Messi

I think this guy would be massive for us if we could ever get him. His vission and passing are fantastic. He never hogs the ball and his workrate is fantastic. On top of that he is an assister who scores more goals than just about any other midfielder! As a dane, I have followed him since his first matches for Ajax, and he has continually improver over his career so far. Still only 25 yeas old. I would rather have him than coutinho. Eriksen is not as flashy, but he is all about the end product

Riordon

We shouldn't waste too much time on Coutinho this time. This season is short and the transfer business needs to be sorted quite quickly due to WC. If Liverpool still won't let go of Coutinho, we should go after Eriksen. He is going to be expensive but Spurs always sells for the right price. If Spurs are demanding an absurd amount of money, then we should focus on getting Fekir, a cheaper alternative but still really good.

jairzinho

Would love for us to sign him, but we could run into the same problems like we did with Pool, especially if he's on a long term contract without a buyout clause. Would cost us a heft sum as Levy as always is difficult to negotiate with.

Riordon

Now MD reporting we have been interested in him for some time but it would be impossible to sign him as Levy is a tough negotiator. His contract expire in 2020 and Eriksen is willing to join. Apparently he was an alternative to Coutinho in the summer but way to expensive.

We should not pay more than 100 mil for him or Coutinho. Fekir is also quality and would cost half of that.

BusiTheKing

Kinda have a little dislike for Fekir simply because he looks almost too much like someone who would play for Real. But he would be really good for us I think.

springfield

We shouldn't waste too much time on Coutinho this time. This season is short and the transfer business needs to be sorted quite quickly due to WC.

Final is July 15, that's only 2 weeks less? Personal agreement with Coutinho won't take long because of last summer. Negotiations with the club can be done during the WC.

Riordon

Final is July 15, that's only 2 weeks less? Personal agreement with Coutinho won't take long because of last summer. Negotiations with the club can be done during the WC.

Thats true, what I mean is that a few world-class performances from him, Eriksen or even Fekir at the WC would affect their prices even more. If Brazil win with Coutinho being a star, it would probably skyrocket his price to an absurd amount.

Could easily see someone like Mina perform fantastic at the World Cup, good we have a pre-agreement.

Besides that, its just nice to get transfer business done early.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I think this guy would be massive for us if we could ever get him. His vission and passing are fantastic. He never hogs the ball and his workrate is fantastic. On top of that he is an assister who scores more goals than just about any other midfielder! As a dane, I have followed him since his first matches for Ajax, and he has continually improver over his career so far. Still only 25 yeas old. I would rather have him than coutinho. Eriksen is not as flashy, but he is all about the end product

The only reason I'm still on the fence about Eriksen is his close ball control. I really feel we need someone who can help us keep possession and absorb tremendous pressure through his ball retention skills and close quarters dribbling like Xavi could and the likes of Iniesta, Busi, Isco and Modric can. I have no idea if that player is even out there (I doubt Coutinho is the one), but in a perfect world, for me at least, we'd be looking for exactly such a player, and Eriksen isn't quite up to scratch in that department, as I see it...

Don't get me wrong, I love Eriksen and he'd be an upgrade to our midfield any day of the week solely through his end product, but I'm afraid he wouldn't solve our midfield woes all together.

Home of Barca Fans