Christian Eriksen

BBZ8800

Then who is? Madrids midfield + Verratti maybe. Unattainable.
Eriksen is a level better than e.g. Seri. At the same level as Lemar & Coutinho too, but slidely more balanced (works hard defensively) and with less offensive quality (flair, dribbling). And on top of that we have around 7-8 players in our squad who belongs on 2nd or 3rd-tier teams in Spain/PL/Bundesliga. Getting Eriksen would be a remarkable upgrade from that.

Personally I would rather have Thiago, but not all players wants to come to Barca anymore.

Eriksen would cost 150M or more in this market.
And we need both offensive players (Coutinho/Di Maria style) and one controller (more like Eriksen).

So, we would probably need to buy 2 players for 150M+150M (Coutinho AND Eriksen).

Also, imo, we have 2 problems:
1) against smaller teams who park buses (Alaves in the last round), we don't need Eriksen.
In these type of matches we need more attacking power (ok, we played without Suarez and Dembele), but still, in these matches we need someone to unlock defenses, assist, dribble and score (Coutinho type).
2) for CL matches like against Real, Juventus, Psg (last season), we need more someone like Eriksen to give more balance to our midfield, since we are overrun easily.
But still, even in those matches, we lack some attacking magic (MSN couldn't do anything against Juve. NOT because of a lack of a midfield controller. Imo, we lacked a CAM and more attacking creativity in that match, NOT ONLY Eriksen).

So, imo, in short:
1. against smaller teams (parked buses) we need Coutinho
2. against Juve and Real, we need both Eriksen and Coutinho

Since all players cost 150M in this market, I guess that the board decided that a Coutinho type is more needed than Eriksen type.

So, imo, we should stop saying: Eriksen could have been a plan B if Coutinho fails.
No.
Our midfield is so poor both at Iniesta's and Xavi's position that we'll need both Coutinho+Eriksen type of a player.
How will we achieve that in a market where every players costs 150+ and where teams don't want to sell, I have no idea.

I am not defending a board, but imo, Eriksen ALONE wouldn't help too much.
We lost La Liga in 10 matches last season where we played bad against bottom table teams.
We didn't lose points because we were outplayed in midfield (in majority of matches), but because we struggled to score enough goals from this or that reason (Lucho's rotations, Neymar's inability to score, Suarez sloppy sometimes, midfield who can't score goals etc).

So, if we bought Eriksen yesterday, we would still need to play with Messi-Dembele-Suarez in 433, where Messi is in the middle and we don't have a RW or LW (depends on where Dembele will play).
If we'll play 4231, that means that we will need to play Deulofeu, Roberto and similar in attacking line.
Eriksen imo isn't that good and creative to play as a CAM (our brain).

Eriksen could work as a hardworker alongside brain (Coutinho).
But if Eriksen will be our brain, imo, that won't be good enough.
He is NOT that creative. Not Barca's level creative to be a key midfield creator.
Tottenham/Liverpool/Arsenal level=yes.
Barca's level of being a key man=no.

Then who is? Madrids midfield + Verratti maybe. Unattainable.

The fact that there AREN'T many world class midfielders out there, doesn't make Eriksen a world class suddenly, or our best pick.
The same as how if Raki/Iniesta/Arda/Gomes/Rafinha are a crap=doesn't make Roberto a world class player suddenly.
He is maybe better and offers something different, but he is still not good enough.
He is just better and more balanced than these turtles, that's it.

The same is with Eriksen.
A lack of available players doesn't make him Barca's savior.

Last edited:

LMessi85

When seeing Eriksen play for Denmark i don't understand why the board didn't even consider him. Great player.

Wick

Laughable how incompetent our board is. This dude wasn't even on their radar.

Pathetic pieces of shit.

Givenchy

while its a joke our board didn't even consider him, goodluck doing business with Levy. hes bad enough in a normal market but knowing we had 222m from Neymar he'd bleed us dry.

Zincubus

Banned
Anyone still convinced about this guy should watch his ineffective performance today .

Check out his supposed 'vision' for Spurs second goal . He was clear through the defence with Davies in the clear waiting for the obvious simple pass and an easy tap in. Instead Erikson decides to be clever and chose to turn the other way and ran into two defenders - one tackled him and kicked the ball straight to Davies who scored !!
So Spurs scored DESPITE Erikson's involvement !

Gifted - my arse

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yet you believe Bellerin is the next Alves and Dybala the next Messi.

So you watched one game and one action made you believe he's bad or not gifted :lol:

JamDav1982

Anyone still convinced about this guy should watch his ineffective performance today .

Check out his supposed 'vision' for Spurs second goal . He was clear through the defence with Davies in the clear waiting for the obvious simple pass and an easy tap in. Instead Erikson decides to be clever and chose to turn the other way and ran into two defenders - one tackled him and kicked the ball straight to Davies who scored !!
So Spurs scored DESPITE Erikson's involvement !

Gifted - my arse

Didnt watch game today but sure you claimed he was shit and created nothing in game he had two assists before.

He was ill during this week so fuck knows maybe that affected him but he would stroll into this Barca side.

Zincubus

Banned
Yet you believe Bellerin is the next Alves and Dybala the next Messi.

So you watched one game and one action made you believe he's bad or not gifted :lol:

I see him every week - sadly !

As it happens I admit Bellerin has gone off the rails but Dybala is amazing and will hopefully be bought by us next summer

Zincubus

Banned
Didnt watch game today but sure you claimed he was shit and created nothing in game he had two assists before.

He was ill during this week so fuck knows maybe that affected him but he would stroll into this Barca side.
Watch the second goal today on YouTube and come back here ..

Home of Barca Fans