Christian Eriksen

Mes que un club

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=692123&idseccio_PK=803

I've only read the danish version of this, but this kid is the real deal. He was hyped up in DK ever since he moved to Ajax for 1,2 euro (approx) a year or so ago. Things have been very fast for him as of late, as he suddenly played for the first team and Jol seem to have high hopes for him as he started in Torino against Juve and got full time.

He is a player of great technical ability, very direct attacking play, great acceleration and pace, takes alot of responsibility. Never hides, always calls for the ball. He just got selected for the danish national team and it is very likely that he will play the world cup. Everyone in denmark can see that this kid has something most danes don't. Calling him the new Michael Laudrup is over the top, no doubt, but it is possible that he will make the level of Brian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpYX1_zKkTQ&feature=fvst

beef-supreme

I recently looked him up on a stats website and saw that he had made a few appearances for Ajax, i think even as a starter, in the league. He's still very young. Some people say he's the new Sneijder, others that he's the new Laudrup. Obviously these labels are meaningless until a few years at the least pass, but we'll have to wait and see.

Mes que un club

He's developed into a starter recently. I know Bergkamp has told Wenger about him, and Arsenal has expressed their interest. I can also say that if Eriksen didn't even do that well (played good, not at his best) against Juve, and yet Barca was very impressed. He may get his debut from the bench tonight in Denmarks friendly against Austria. If he does, i will give you a report on how he did.

V

Valon

Apparently Barca is interested in him too. Saw an article about him in Sport.

beef-supreme

Since Jan 10 he has made 8 appearances for Ajax, twice in the Europa League, 4 subs, 4 starts, plus his debut for the Danish national team as a second half sub. He has played as a CM, an LM and a forward, so he is quite versatile but b yall means an attacking player. He has picked up 1 booking and not scored a goal or given an assist yet. He played the full second leg against Juventus which is quite amazing.

Mes que un club

Denmark just played a terrible game against Austria (losing 0-1 :angry:), but two players did well.

First one, Michael Krohn Dehli (don't know if you know him) and then, Christian Eriksen came in ten minutes or so into the 2nd half and really did well.

He had the attacking drive, flair, touch, pace, vision of a top, top player. And while everyoneone was saying how well he did, he said himself: We lost so i'm not happy and i don't think i played too well.

That's a good thing i guess. Never content and satisfied, always striving for more, and a teamplayer who can't be happy unless the team wins.

He still needs some polishing no doubt. Can look for the direct pass to early and too soon, still lacks a bit (really not much) on the technical side of things, but the touch is definately there.. and then some. He is not your typical danish player, but more of a Laudrup case (no comparison, that would be unneccessary). He can drible, he can pass, he can cross, he can shoot (in one of his games for Ajax he shot more than the rest of team put together), he runs alot, he sees things, he is direct and optimistic, he makes the right runs, never shirks for responsibility, always calls for the ball.

He was visibly shy though, in the post-match interview. Pretty humble guy it seems.

C

csidle

Definitely a great prospect, hope he stays with Ajax for another 3-4 seasons.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Seems he has caught the eye of many of Europe's top clubs, alot of praise being directed at him and deservedly so as he is talented with many qualities, two footed, has pace, etc. He could be a star in the making and its important that his talent is nurtured and the technical side to his game is impressive, seems he has all the boxes ticked for a future playmaker.
Obviously at such a young age he is a bit rough on the edges but that's why I think Ajax is the right club to continue his development and he's made it clear he is loyal for now.
If he were to move to England, I think Man Utd or Arsenal would be perfect to master the trade under the mentoring of either Arsene Wenger or Sir Alex Ferguson, who both alike havn't disappointed in bringing the best out of young players.

A

AzizAlzeheri

I've made a little video with him. Check it out.

I think that he is about 3-4 seasons becomes one of the greatest midfielders. He has talent and now that Frank de Boer is the coach, so he gets much playing time. I was born in the same town as him ;).

Last edited:
P

Paganitzu

I think that he is about 3-4 seasons becomes one of the greatest midfielders. He has talent and now that Frank de Boer is the coach, so he gets much playing time. I was born in the same town as him ;).
This guy improved massively since de Boer took over. Never liked him, but often made me say WOW while watching him play in his last 3 matches.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

If you made it and post it why did you remove it?

Home of Barca Fans