Christian Eriksen

Joan

I assume at least 150 million €, like Coutinho.

in other words, too much. We don't have the coin at the moment.

I had similar number in mind. Guess it's gonna be him or Griezmann.

I like that he's not just creative but strong. Would boost our midfield.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We need a WC MF signing and Eriksen might be our only option.

He's a huge Barça fan and said at Ajax it's his dream club.

Saladin

We need a WC MF signing and Eriksen might be our only option.

He's a huge Barça fan and said at Ajax it's his dream club.

Why do people expect Eriksen to be just as expensive as Coutinho was? I personally believe we could get him for around 80 mil euros + variables (he has only two years left on his current contract, he loves Barca and he has refused to sign a new contract with Tottenham)

Lets hope Tottenham miss out on CL next year, that will only make it easier for us to buy him.

George_Costanza

Why do people expect Eriksen to be just as expensive as Coutinho was? I personally believe we could get him for around 80 mil euros + variables (he has only two years left on his current contract, he loves Barca and he has refused to sign a new contract with Tottenham)

Lets hope Tottenham miss out on CL next year, that will only make it easier for us to buy him.

lol I guess you never heard of Daniel Levy

giphy.gif

soul24rage

Because we are not in the PL, Levy would likely to sell Eriksen to us than to a PL rival.

-Modric went to Real for 30 million pound in 2012 (contract ran till 2016)
-Bale to Madrid for around 77 million pound in 2013 (contract ran till 2016).

With some factors such as the Neymar inflation, 2 year left on his contract, Levy factor and he is not a household name like Bale and Kane, I think Eriksen would cost around 110-120 million pounds with some variables attached to it. I think Eriksen will lower his wages so that Barca can facilitate the move like Coutinho did.

Saladin

lol I guess you never heard of Daniel Levy

giphy.gif

I am familiar with Levy and his tough negotiating skills, but in regards to Barca, I would make the argument that the skills of Levy bears small weight as we are insanely poor at negotiating as it is. See, Levy made his name by making clubs that usually get their players at a decent price, pay way more than they are used to. We have an "advantage" in being so shit at evaluering player prices, that a high transfer fee almost seems semi-thrifty.

Givenchy

i don't think he'd cost Coutinho amounts. he has 2 years left on his contract and soon Spurs will have issues if they continue with the wage cap. Levy would probably sell him to us at a resonable price, especially if another big PL rival were in for Eriksen

Devils

If he's not in the process of renewing then Levy is going to be put in a hugely difficult situation. Eriksen will have huge offers from top english clubs offering him much higher pay than what he is earning at Spurs and will have to sell his player to a direct competitor, or we could come in and get him which would be favourable for Spurs and Eriksen would get a big wage increase and play at his dream club.

Simply put, if he isn't renewing with Spurs and we don't make a move then we are morons.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We just have to try to sign him this summer. We have to improve our team and especially midfield. Either him or a B2B MF with technical ability, pace and immense work rate.

Catta

Who are those B2B MF with technical ability. I can only think of Saul and Koke, and both will stay their whole careers at Atleti. Eriksen is currently the only realistic MF option that can improve this team.

BenRobbins

Who are those B2B MF with technical ability. I can only think of Saul and Koke, and both will stay their whole careers at Atleti. Eriksen is currently the only realistic MF option that can improve this team.

Keita, Kante, Pogba, KDB is basically an 8 now, Fabinho (kind of), Rabiot, Nainngolan

There are many more.

I don't think eriksen actually ever plays as an 8. He is always playing further foward just has excellent work rate and playmaking skills so it could work.

Judihndrx

Where would he even play? With the promotion of Alena in the summer, to the arrival of Arthur. And with Griezmann joining the already stacked attack with Dembele, Messi and Suarez, I think Coutinho will play the midfield position a lot more. Iniesta's role. Busquets has his role locked in, and so does Rakitic it appears. And who says Denis Suarez will be sold.

MTL_Barca

Considering how poor our midfield was the last seasons i highly doubt Eriksen is the only player that could improve it.

Home of Barca Fans