Christian Eriksen

clemente

Sorry but this doesn't make sense. His main merit is not scoring goals and definitely, we are not trying to sign him because he scores goals.

So? He is still known for scoring goals and is a massive threat from outside the box, has great finishing with both of his feet, scores as many as Coutinho. You're saying if we bought him, we would bury him deep in midfield to make sure hes never in a position to score goals?

utility73

He is quite a goal threat, comparable to Coutinho, especially also adding relative danger from long distance shots.

MTL_Barca

So? He is still known for scoring goals and is a massive threat from outside the box, has great finishing with both of his feet, scores as many as Coutinho. You're saying if we bought him, we would bury him deep in midfield to make sure hes never in a position to score goals?

A player scoring at WC is automatically "special" and should be bought? I doubt many people change their opinion based on one goal.

This far he looked like expected imo. Good player, very good. But we can't spend 120M+ on every player we want and that's the problem with him. If he was available for like 70-80M he would be a good signing but i don't see that happening with Levy. Even if he only has 2 years left they would probably take one more year of Eriksen and sell him for 40M next year over getting 80M now.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Like you said, you described Coutinho. So are we looking to buy a European Coutinho?

clemente

Like you said, you described Coutinho. So are we looking to buy a European Coutinho?

Aren't you one of those complaining that Coutinho can't play midfield and want him on the wing? So why can't we buy European Coutinho that is more suited as a midfielder and has always play there? Are we looking to buy a midfielder that cannot score goals?

ASordidGod

Aren't you one of those complaining that Coutinho can't play midfield and want him on the wing? So why can't we buy European Coutinho that is more suited as a midfielder and has always play there? Are we looking to buy a midfielder that cannot score goals?

He scored a good goal, he's a good player. But not worth what he'd cost and not what we need. We need a controlling mid. Eriksen is not that. Look where he played against Aus. Take away his goal and he barely even touched the ball. Now I'm not saying we judge him on one game with his national team, but the fact remains: he's final pass/shot kind of guy, not a dictator, and we already have Messi and now Coutinho for that, the latter who is better than Eriksen and the former who is incomparable. Hell, I'd much prefer Pjanic, and I don't especially want him.

FCBfan22

He scored a good goal, he's a good player. But not worth what he'd cost and not what we need. We need a controlling mid. Eriksen is not that. Look where he played against Aus. Take away his goal and he barely even touched the ball. Now I'm not saying we judge him on one game with his national team, but the fact remains: he's final pass/shot kind of guy, not a dictator, and we already have Messi and now Coutinho for that, the latter who is better than Eriksen and the former who is incomparable. Hell, I'd much prefer Pjanic, and I don't especially want him.

We already bought a controlling mid, according to reports. Arthur.

George_Costanza

We need a controlling CM more than AM. I don't blame you if you can't see it as the whole board and technical directors missing the point just like yourself. If we have access to Sandro Rosell's money buried in the desert then yes, splash out the cash on luxury acquisitions but addressing the most obvious issue should be the priority if we want a balance in this team to compete for UCL.

ASordidGod

We already bought a controlling mid, according to reports. Arthur.

That's true, and I'm excited. But he's young and unproven, be a hell of a gamble to assume we can rely on him to be ready now. The little bits I've seen of Arthur look encouraging, don't get me wrong, and if Valverde is ready to give him enough minutes to adjust, etc, then he could be what we're looking for. But like I say, risky to assume so.

Home of Barca Fans