Christian Eriksen

G

Giannino

I'd love to see him playing in England. Not sure if he's ready though.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He constantly talks about wanting a move to Spain. Thing is, both Barca and Madrid are overstocked with attacking midfielders. Even so, Barca just got Cesc and promoted Thiago while Madrid got Ozil and Sahin.

After the Euros, Madrid will probably get Hazard or Goetze so Eriksen might well stay in Ajax for another season.
He wouldn't fit in Barcelona. Scandinavian players can't play our style of football.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Laudrup, Gudjohnsen, Larsson they didnt perform?? :angry:
Of course, but what I meant is that most Scandinavian players don't got good enough passing abilities to play in our team, the way they learn football is completely different and passing doesn't play such a big role.

Trickykid

Of course, but what I meant is that most Scandinavian players don't got good enough passing abilities to play in our team, the way they learn football is completely different and passing doesn't play such a big role.

You could say that about most european leagues really, apart from perhaps France, Germany, Holland and Portugal. Add to that the fact that at least Denmark has a very small player base compared to most other countries, and thus a comparably small amount of truely skilled and techincal adept players, I don't think your assessment is fair what so ever.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
TBF Denmark has by far the most technical players in Scandinavia, and Eriksen is possibly the most technical Dane, so that wouldn't be a problem at all.

Trickykid

TBF Denmark has by far the most technical players in Scandinavia, and Eriksen is possibly the most technical Dane, so that wouldn't be a problem at all.

I agree we're much better off than Norway in that regard, but I've always thought you swedes were pretty well off too. All the way from Brolin, Källström, Andreas Andersson to the likes of Sana, Guidetta and of course Zlatan. Those are the ones that immediately come to mind, but there are probably a host of others, I ought to mention.

Edit: embarrasing spelling mistakes.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Yeah, Swedes are decent but most of the technical players come from the souther regions, where they can keep playing for longer. There's a lack of good players from the Stockholm area and further north. But I'd say that in general, Danes have better technique

xboogiex

Yeah, Swedes are decent but most of the technical players come from the souther regions, where they can keep playing for longer. There's a lack of good players from the Stockholm area and further north. But I'd say that in general, Danes have better technique

Its to bad for Sweden and Psv that Ola Toivonen has a long term injury we really miss him here.

Trickykid

Oh, I didn't know that. Makes sense though.
The current level of technique in the danish Superliga is pretty pathetic though, as most of our young talents travel abroad as soon as the likes of Ajax, PSV and a host of german clubs show interest, but I suppose it's not much better in Allsvenskan.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Its to bad for Sweden and Psv that Ola Toivonen has a long term injury we really miss him here.
True... we'll most likely play either Ranegie (big guy who just moved from the Swedish league to Udinese) or infront of Zlatan vs Englands :facepalm:
I'd prefer Berg, but he's really stagnated during the last 3 years on the Hamburg bench.

Oh, I didn't know that. Makes sense though.
The current level of technique in the danish Superliga is pretty pathetic though, as most of our young talents travel abroad as soon as the likes of Ajax, PSV and a host of german clubs show interest, but I suppose it's not much better in Allsvenskan.

Yeah, it's about the same. I don't watch the league much at all, but there's a few decent young players like Hiljemark, Hamad and Milosevic. Also older players like Svensson and Ishizaki.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

It's maybe because we still remember the Laudrup brothers. But other than that actually imo sweden has had more technical players since. Brolin, Ljungberg, Wilhelmsson, Källström, Henke and of course Ibracadabra to name a few (while denmark have had their share of technical players like Paulsen and Gravesen :lol: )
But who I'm really excited about is this new guy, Kataklinicic (haha, sry I have no idea how it's spelled).

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ajax technical director Marc Overmars has confirmed Eriksen has declined to sign an extension to his current deal, which expires in the summer of 2014, as he is considering his future with the Eredivisie giants.

“Christian has informed us that he doesn’t want to sign a new contract right now,” Overmars told sporten.dk. “I think he and his agent want to see what opportunities present themselves this summer.”

He added: “We want him to stay here for at least two more years, but the day he leaves us, he will be ready to play for the very best. He’s a player even the biggest clubs in the world could do with having in their squad.”

It'll be exciting to see how he does on the highest stage. Where do you guys think he'll end up? I'd say he could go to Bayern with Pep, Milan, Juventus (he's expressed his love for the Serie A in the past), United, City, or possibly Atletico.

raskolnikov

Agents usually mess up the minds of these players convincing them they are ready for a huge transfer since it benefits their wallet more if he leaves.
Eriksen is not ready to leavue yet, way too inconsistent, he should stay atleast one more year.

Home of Barca Fans