Christian Eriksen

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Kid is class...Cruyff rates him highly if that means anything. At 19 he has shown he will be world class for sure. Though we have plenty of midfielders coming through I would like to see eriksen here. Love players that have REAL skill and are able to beat their man like eriksen.

La LL

Generally Delightful
He's playing some very pleasing football against Lyon at the moment. Will be watching this kid with great interest. Probably the only star-player Denmark may have to offer currently.

Trickykid

He's playing some very pleasing football against Lyon at the moment. Will be watching this kid with great interest. Probably the only star-player Denmark may have to offer currently.

Daniel Agger?

Eriksen isn't a star in my book. Yet. He's still way too inconsistent, but I'm sure he'll erradicate his flaws sooner or later.

EDIT: How about we continue in the orginal thread btw? http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/4052-Christian-Eriksen?highlight=eriksen

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he shat it against United, which was a great shame.

thankfully his team-mates didn't and were, in fact, rather excellent.

maybe I was expecting too much, but really from the hype he's getting and the team Fergie put out, we really should have gotten a Valeron/Pirlo/Redondo type dominance of Old Trafford from him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You think, Meta?...I thought he looked pretty good at OT but De Boer seemed to play him too deep for me...and still seemed to be the wrong substitution as he was the only one comfortable enough in possession and able to withstand United closing them down

Ajax looked really dangerous in long stretches

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
You think, Meta?...I thought he looked pretty good at OT but De Boer seemed to play him too deep for me...and still seemed to be the wrong substitution as he was the only one comfortable enough in possession and able to withstand United closing them down

Ajax looked really dangerous in long stretches

he was just sorta there. not bad, but not as good and theatening as we've seen him be.

like I said, it's probably my fault for expecting a Valeron-type display. I mean, I get why he wasn't excellent in Amsterdam, up against United's first-choice midfield. but against that hysterical line-up Fergie chuntered out at Old Trafford I was expecting him to run riot.

Robbie

He constantly talks about wanting a move to Spain. Thing is, both Barca and Madrid are overstocked with attacking midfielders. Even so, Barca just got Cesc and promoted Thiago while Madrid got Ozil and Sahin.

After the Euros, Madrid will probably get Hazard or Goetze so Eriksen might well stay in Ajax for another season.

Trickykid

It pretty much looks like he'll move on in the summer. Overmars has stated that Eriksen isn't interested in signing a new deal, and the player himself responded by saying he'd like to keep his options open. His contract ends summer of 2014, so Ajax will have to cash in on him sooner rather than later.
It's going to be a transfer race of Hazardous :)alveshat:) proportions, but I honestly have no idea where he'll end up. Hopefully Spain, but I don't think he's quite good enough for either us or Los Merenques, and I don't see him settling for the likes of Atletico or Valencia. England perhaps then? Not sure how his style would suit the PL, but then again, so many brilliant technically gifted foreign players are dominating on english soil at the moment, so why not Eriksen too?

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing him play where ever he ends up.

Trickykid

Maybe Atletico if they manage a top 3 finish?

I think that would be great for him, but I'm pretty sure there will be a whole host of true top teams who'll be interested in signing him, and I seriously doubt he can say no to the likes of City and Utd, if they should come knocking.

Home of Barca Fans