Christian Eriksen

clemente

Eriksen absolutely bossed the very same midfield he plays in, when he played CM!, yes CM, not AM, when Spurs were playing United this season. So i call your whole post about Eriksen not being able to play CM bull, frankly. And then to add players like Tielemans and Kondogbia would be better for us than Eriksen, who is proven on a club and international stage and is one of the best midfielders out there, even though he's not half as hyped as all the more flashy types like Pogba...wow. So yes, Eriksen is very much a special player, even though he may not be presenting himself as such, which is only a plus in my book.

Eriksen is exactly the type of player we need, a multi-dimensional midfielder, able to play AM (which would still come in handy when Coutinho would play wide), but also a hard worker, a team player, he's also someone who maybe wouldn't stand out as the most flashy player in our star team (while he is a star in Tottenham, even though he's a very cool and collected player,controlling the flow of play with his passing and movement). He's also psychically very capable, and good in the air when necessary, since he's not exactly a midget, which makes him good at defending too. And thus certainly more than capable of playing CM as well. He would be a much needed upgrade and a perfect replacement for Rakitic, since he's just as good defensively, but has much better technique and passing, not to mention his set piece prowess, that's crossing from free kicks and corners, and shooting free kicks. Imagine him and Coutinho being on free kick duty, we would be just as dangerous from free kicks as we are now, even after Messi leaves.

Wrong about his defending or header abilities, just because you saw him win a header doesn't mean anything, Messi has won headers against Ronaldo. He doesn't use his phisicallity or wins headers if you watch him enough, please stop insulting Rakitic by saying they are as good defensively, he is a hardworker but he isn't as strong as Rakitic or can win headers like him.

Calidad

Eriksen absolutely bossed the very same midfield he plays in, when he played CM!, yes CM, not AM, when Spurs were playing United this season. So i call your whole post about Eriksen not being able to play CM bull, frankly. And then to add players like Tielemans and Kondogbia would be better for us than Eriksen, who is proven on a club and international stage and is one of the best midfielders out there, even though he's not half as hyped as all the more flashy types like Pogba...wow. So yes, Eriksen is very much a special player, even though he may not be presenting himself as such, which is only a plus in my book.

Eriksen is exactly the type of player we need, a multi-dimensional midfielder, able to play AM (which would still come in handy when Coutinho would play wide), but also a hard worker, a team player, he's also someone who maybe wouldn't stand out as the most flashy player in our star team (while he is a star in Tottenham, even though he's a very cool and collected player,controlling the flow of play with his passing and movement). He's also psychically very capable, and good in the air when necessary, since he's not exactly a midget, which makes him good at defending too. And thus certainly more than capable of playing CM as well. He would be a much needed upgrade and a perfect replacement for Rakitic, since he's just as good defensively, but has much better technique and passing, not to mention his set piece prowess, that's crossing from free kicks and corners, and shooting free kicks. Imagine him and Coutinho being on free kick duty, we would be just as dangerous from free kicks as we are now, even after Messi leaves.

I didn’t see that game, so won’t comment on it, but for me Eriksen is an AM and not a CM. He almost always has workers and/or a controller behind him. A midfield three of Coutinho, Eriksen and Busquets would not be balanced. Coutinho would need to play wide to accommodate him, and I think Coutinho is wasted outwide - and given that the club have already shelled out 100m+ on him, he may as well be played in his best position.

Eriksen definitely does his best work offensively, and I don’t believe he has ever been renowned for his heading or defensive abilities? You would not get the best out of him by playing him as a CM.

If Coutinho wasn’t already here, then sure he’d be a potentially good option.

BenRobbins

Dier and Dembele played CM that game.

Eriksen drifts and comes deep sometimes but he didn't play CM.

xXKonan

-1527544652900.jpg

Sport claim Eriksen is Plan B if we don't sign Griezmann.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Most likely BS. If true then you have to wonder what they want as Eriksen and Griezmann are completely different type of players. How is one a Plan B to the other.

khaled_a_d

Most likely BS. If true then you have to wonder what they want as Eriksen and Griezmann are completely different type of players. How is one a Plan B to the other.

Will probably use different formation in each case. which tbh is the biggest mystery this whole summer (are we gonna play 442 or 433)

for example (that is pure guess) in 433 Cou replaces Neymar from Lucho days, Messi on center and Dembele on right (or we fit Suarez in somehow) , then you need Eriksen for midfield
in 442 we will have Griezmann to replace/rotate Suarez.
Those are hypothetical, but the point remains that we really don't know which formation are we gonna use next year, EV played some 433 at the end makes me wonder about his ideas

Jombi

Will probably use different formation in each case. which tbh is the biggest mystery this whole summer (are we gonna play 442 or 433)

for example (that is pure guess) in 433 Cou replaces Neymar from Lucho days, Messi on center and Dembele on right (or we fit Suarez in somehow) , then you need Eriksen for midfield
in 442 we will have Griezmann to replace/rotate Suarez.
Those are hypothetical, but the point remains that we really don't know which formation are we gonna use next year, EV played some 433 at the end makes me wonder about his ideas

He'll play the biggest earners. We're not investing hundreds of millions to sit on the bench. A true 4-4-2 with proper midfielders isnt happening with so many attacking players on high wages.

FinBarcelonafan

I think we need to sell Suarez to fit everybody in. Moving Dembele is not an option. I don't see how this team can fit in everyone, Suarez, Messi, Coutinho, Dembele AND Griezmann. That's great but we still have no midfield.. So unbalanced team. Great offense but same problems as last few years. Top teams will skin us alive in com her attack.

ebieymjunior

I think we need to sell Suarez to fit everybody in. Moving Dembele is not an option. I don't see how this team can fit in everyone, Suarez, Messi, Coutinho, Dembele AND Griezmann. That's great but we still have no midfield.. So unbalanced team. Great offense but same problems as last few years. Top teams will skin us alive in com her attack.

Not if we get the right central midfielder and if we fix our midfield tactics

BBZ8800

This is how our board and our planning works.

Our plan isn't to buy a specific type of a player or for longterm strengthening of a certain formation or a style.
Our plan A is: buy a superstar player this summer to calm down fans after RM won 4 Cls in 5 years.
Our plan B is: if you can't buy a player A, just buy a superstar player B, again, to calm down fans.

Do we want to play 433?
Do we want to play 442?
Do we want technical midfielders?
Do we want more muscles?
Do we want to play on the ground or to use some crosses?
= who cares about these questions.
We'll just buy a superstar player, try to fit him in the squad somehow and later we'll think about consequences.

This is another reason why RM's signings and lonterm planning of tactics and players suitable for that tactics are better.

If we'll buy Eriksen, we'll probably play Coutinho-Suarez-Messi, Eriksen-Rakitic-Busquets.
Then in the next season when we'll buy a new CF, we'll make 2-3 new changes.

Nobody cares about questions:
Why on Earth have we bought Dembele then?
Wasn't Coutinho supposed to be a new Iniesta?
What will happen AFTER Suaraz's sale one day?

Who cares?
This is a good, old Barca's type of chaotic planning :lol:

Early 2000's, here we come again.

Sorin

You could argue that Griezmann would be brought to play as the left winger in the attacking front 3. If he doesn't come and we buy Eriksen, we could slot Coutinho in that role with Eriksen in the Iniesta role. I hate this board's way of doing things as much as the next guy but it isn't far-fetched to think that, despite them being different type of players, both Griezmann and Eriksen are players who could help in a 4 3 3 set up, just in different roles.

Home of Barca Fans