Christian Eriksen

I honestly don't care who Arthur replaces (it'll take a small miracle for him to make it here anyhow), but the ball retention and control a player of his ilk could provide, is exactly what I feel we need.

Your opinion about Dembele? All I could see is a player very well along to be considered as the biggest flop of Barca only to be sold to a team that has more space to attack such as Chelsea.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Your opinion about Dembele? All I could see is a player very well along to be considered as the biggest flop of Barca only to be sold to a team that has more space to attack such as Chelsea.

Not impressed so far, even though there are moments where his apparent talent shines through. I won't presume to judge him or predict hos Barça future this early, though. Calling him out to be a Barca flop is premature at best.

Jenks

His final ball is good enough for Barcelona but his ball retention isn't. He would drive you all mental.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
https://www.bt.dk/fodbold/blamage-k...emaessig-eriksen-transfer-nu-gaar-barcelona-i

Did you see this? @Trickykid

This seem rather convenient with the timing and how the Sports Press in Denmark presumably are desperate to see someone like him play for either Barca or Real Madrid, and I don't know how reliable BT is.

Anyway,

Quick summary sort of for anyone that doesn't understand Danish/Norwegian/Swedish: Barca's failure could open the door for an Eriksen transfer. They claim Eriksen is hot commodity within the corridors of the Barca offices. Their own sources claim Bartomeu himself sees Eriksen as a potential replacement for Iniesta, Eriksen who he finds 'very interesting'. Then they talk about how he's been mentioned by the Barcelona press on previous occasions and how a Danish CL reporter who's apparently on friendly terms with the editor of Mundo Deportivo was told the club is following him very closely with Robert having watched him for a long time in both the Premier League and the CL, particularly vs Real Madrid.

Last edited:

Trickykid

https://www.bt.dk/fodbold/blamage-k...emaessig-eriksen-transfer-nu-gaar-barcelona-i

Did you see this? @Trickykid

This seem rather convenient with the timing and how the Sports Press in Denmark presumably are desperate to see someone like him play for either Barca or Real Madrid, and I don't know how reliable BT is.

Anyway,

Quick summary sort of for anyone that doesn't understand Danish/Norwegian/Swedish: Barca's failure could open the door for an Eriksen transfer. They claim Eriksen is hot commodity within the corridors of the Barca offices. Their own sources claim Bartomeu himself sees Eriksen as a potential replacement for Iniesta, Eriksen who he finds 'very interesting'. Then they talk about how he's been mentioned by the Barcelona press on previous occasions and how a Danish CL reporter who's apparently on friendly terms with the editor of Mundo Deportivo was told the club is following him very closely with Robert having watched him for a long time in both the Premier League and the CL, particularly vs Real Madrid.

As far as I can tell, BT are just relaying information from the Spanish sports press and a single Danish journo in Luna Christofi, who in Danish media at least has a good reputation. Considering there have been rather consistent rumors linking him to us for the part couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of truth to it.

I still don't think he has the right profile for what we need, and with Levy in mind, I hope we'll pursue other options.

Raketa10

We absolutely don’t need a player of his profile right now. We already have Coutinho and what we trully need is controling CM player and not another AM player who basically never delivers in big games. We really don’t need Ozil 2.0

Trickykid

We absolutely don’t need a player of his profile right now. We already have Coutinho and what we trully need is controling CM player and not another AM player who basically never delivers in big games. We really don’t need Ozil 2.0

Basically never delivers in big games? :lol: What is this shit?
The comparison with lazy Ozil is fucking ridiculous.

Raketa10

Basically never delivers in big games? :lol: What is this shit?
The comparison with lazy Ozil is fucking ridiculous.

Well he really doesn’t. Not to mention that when you press him he becomes a ghost. He should stay in Tottenham that’s a perfect club for him. He can also go to Real I really don’t care but comparing him to Modric or saying that he could replace Modric, like some people here do is just ridiculous. They are totally different players. I can understand that some of you like him but I was never a big fan of his game.

IMHO if we buy him he would end like Fabregas did. I really don’t think he has what we need right now. I also rate Coutinho much higher than I rate Eriksen and with him here we really don’t need another AM player.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Well he really doesn’t. Not to mention that when you press him he becomes a ghost. He should stay in Tottenham that’s a perfect club for him. He can also go to Real I really don’t care but comparing him to Modric or saying that he could replace Modric, like some people here do is just ridiculous. They are totally different players. I can understand that some of you like him but I was never a big fan of his game.

IMHO if we buy him he would end like Fabregas did. I really don’t think he has what we need right now. I also rate Coutinho much higher than I rate Eriksen and with him here we really don’t need another AM player.

Who has compared his playstyle to Modric's?
And no, he doesn't disappear in big games, sorry.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Perhaps he can learn to start plays for a deeper position like De Bruyne while Coutinho plays the role Silva does currently, more attacking and often making runs in the box.

Problem obviously is that Pep is leagues above everyone apart from Klopp in employing attacking tactics, shape attacking movement, build up from the midfield.

FCBfan22

His positioning reminds me sooo much of the Don, but from the right side. When Spurs are in possesion he drifts on the top of the box and does his magic from there.

Devils

Absolutely ripping United to shreds. What a player.

Spurs are a nice team but don’t look like winning any serious trophies these days.

Should try and get him.

Home of Barca Fans