Christian Eriksen

George_Costanza

Reliable Danish news says we are going for him as iniesta replacement and Tottenham will replace Christian with Bruno Fernandes

So Greaseman, Arthur and Eriksen?

giphy.gif

Trickykid

Jesus Christ, this guy looks and plays like Iniesta. Splitting image.

He plays nothing like The Don. Eriksen is all end product with a decent portion of game orchestration. He has none of The Don's dribbling skills and his ball retention isn't anywhere near his either.

Great player nonetheless.

Trickykid

Express reported that Eriksen is about to be signed by Barca. Has anyone regularly watched him play?

I've followed him and watched the majority of his games ever since he played his first senior minutes at Ajax, and his progress has been outstanding.
He's this odd, extremely hard working (he's the busiest runner in the Spurs squad) advanced playmaker with world class vision and finishing - especially so outside the area. He drops deep a lot to orchestrate the game which he does well, but even though he's decent at it, he's not close to the likes of Busi, Xavi and Iniesta in terms of ball retention and the ability of soaking up pressure through clever dribbling and body feints. He's obviously profiting greatly from playing alongside Dembele and Wanyama, who both offer a boatload of muscles in midfield to shield him and help defusing pressure.

He has more or less complete freedom at Spurs, and will shoot a lot, play risky through balls and in general have an extremely high level of end product, all the while he's hustling and bustling the opponents. And that's the thing, I think he needs to be the main man at whatever club he plays at, with freedom to orchestrate, start and end attacks, which I'm not sure will mix well with playing with someone like Messi who enjoys the same kind of attacking freedom. They are obviously different types, but many of their attacking moves could end up somehow overlapping.

He's around the same age as when Modric left I believe, and I think most Tottenham fans will agree that Eriksen is now even better, or at least more vital to the team than Modric was back then. If (a huge if, that's not very likely) Eriksen could enjoy the same trajectory as Modric did when he joined a better team, I think he would strenghten any team out there.

Lastly, I don't think we can afford him, especially so if Griezmann is coming. With the level he's been playing at for the latter part of this season in particular, Levy will probably be asking Coutinho level money for him. And, due to my points listed above, I'm not sure I'd buy him either even if we could.

Givenchy

didn't realize he only has 2 years on his contract remaining. i think hes destined to end up at Barca eventually, i remember De Boer sounding us out as the perfect club when he was at Ajax. Levy is a cunt but he'd probably sell to us for a lower price than a PL rival.

I've followed him and watched the majority of his games ever since he played his first senior minutes at Ajax, and his progress has been outstanding.
He's this odd, extremely hard working (he's the busiest runner in the Spurs squad) advanced playmaker with world class vision and finishing - especially so outside the area. He drops deep a lot to orchestrate the game which he does well, but even though he's decent at it, he's not close to the likes of Busi, Xavi and Iniesta in terms of ball retention and the ability of soaking up pressure through clever dribbling and body feints. He's obviously profiting greatly from playing alongside Dembele and Wanyama, who both offer a boatload of muscles in midfield to shield him and help defusing pressure.

He has more or less complete freedom at Spurs, and will shoot a lot, play risky through balls and in general have an extremely high level of end product, all the while he's hustling and bustling the opponents. And that's the thing, I think he needs to be the main man at whatever club he plays at, with freedom to orchestrate, start and end attacks, which I'm not sure will mix well with playing with someone like Messi who enjoys the same kind of attacking freedom. They are obviously different types, but many of their attacking moves could end up somehow overlapping.

He's around the same age as when Modric left I believe, and I think most Tottenham fans will agree that Eriksen is now even better, or at least more vital to the team than Modric was back then. If (a huge if, that's not very likely) Eriksen could enjoy the same trajectory as Modric did when he joined a better team, I think he would strenghten any team out there.

Lastly, I don't think we can afford him, especially so if Griezmann is coming. With the level he's been playing at for the latter part of this season in particular, Levy will probably be asking Coutinho level money for him. And, due to my points listed above, I'm not sure I'd buy him either even if we could.

But considering that Coutinho is excellent winger and not Barca midfielder, and Iniesta cannot play every match even if he stays, Eriksen would be the choice. Isn't it? Also, El Gol digital which is the original article which reported the news has said Tottenham had already agreement with another player for his replacement.
And good to know that he's a Ajax player. I want Barca to sign Eriksen, De Ligt next season and agree to a buy option for de jong.

Last edited:

Trickykid

But considering that Coutinho is excellent winger and not Barca midfielder, and Iniesta cannot play every match even if he stays, Eriksen would be the choice. Isn't it? Also, El Gol digital which is the original article which reported the news has said Tottenham had already agreement with another player for his replacement.
And good to know that he's a Ajax player. I want Barca to sign Eriksen, De Ligt next season and agree to a buy option for de jong.

I think you'd be doing Eriksen a disservice playing him in the Iniesta position and actually risk ending up stifling his natual game. Perhaps he could adapt - it's all a matter of just how much untapped talent is left him, but he'd need to curb his biggest strenght playing there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm going to punch a wall if Real Madrid signs him to replace Modric. If he doesn't sign a contract extension he could be available in 2019 for a more reasonable price.

Said it before, I've got no clue how it'll work, but there's something about Coutinho-Busquets-Eriksen that sounds amazing. If only we had tried to sign Kroos in 2014 alongside Rakitic......

Last edited:
I think you'd be doing Eriksen a disservice playing him in the Iniesta position and actually risk ending up stifling his natual game. Perhaps he could adapt - it's all a matter of just how much untapped talent is left him, but he'd need to curb his biggest strenght playing there.

Okay. I didn't watch him. So you might know better. Who do you think is the closest replacement of Iniesta?

Trickykid

Okay. I didn't watch him. So you might know better. Who do you think is the closest replacement of Iniesta?

No idea to be honest. Not saying he has the actually level to do so, but I like the look of Arthur's game and I feel his type is exactly what we need to strenghten our midfield. More so than Eriksen.

No idea to be honest. Not saying he has the actually level to do so, but I like the look of Arthur's game and I feel his type is exactly what we need to strenghten our midfield. More so than Eriksen.

But Arthur is supposed to be replacement of Xavi isn't it? But I wouldn't take out Rakitic though. His contribution is extraordinary for a team that could have Coutinho, Messi, Griezmann as front line.

I never have found anything of efficiency in Dembele. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be the biggest flop of Barca. He's like worse version of Neymar. I don't concur with the hype of Dembele among Barca fans to the slightest.

Trickykid

But Arthur is supposed to be replacement of Xavi isn't it? But I wouldn't take out Rakitic though. His contribution is extraordinary for a team that could have Coutinho, Messi, Griezmann as front line.

I never have found anything of efficiency in Dembele. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be the biggest flop of Barca. He's like worse version of Neymar. I don't concur with the hype of Dembele among Barca fans to the slightest.
I honestly don't care who Arthur replaces (it'll take a small miracle for him to make it here anyhow), but the ball retention and control a player of his ilk could provide, is exactly what I feel we need.

Home of Barca Fans