Christian Eriksen

JamDav1982

You're definitely steering the discussion in another direction, because you're trying to find a way out of actually posting anything substantial about Alli playing deeper.

One second google also shows articles about Coutinho's inconsistency. You're speaking a lot of crap here and claiming something you cannot back up. I'm not going to google it, the burden of proof is on you.

If you're gonna tear apart others opinions you better back it up yourself you silly man.

As I said, same old Jammy tactics. You cannot teach an old dogs new tricks.

Steering discussion in way you sent it big man.

Inconsistent players dont win all the personal awards Coutinho did at Liverpool and please be a bit brighter than to request an article then argue against it when shown there are plenty articles to back up that point.

Some interesting pages on the old John Stones thread. You were not as anti John Stones and pro Umtiti as you would like to seem to think you were.

Alli played deeper v Liverpool and just another fabrication from you to claim he played further forward more.

Lets sign Ozil! Lol.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Steering discussion in way you sent it big man.

Inconsistent players dont win all the personal awards Coutinho did at Liverpool and please be a bit brighter than to request an article then argue against it when shown there are plenty articles to back up that point.

Some interesting pages on the old John Stones thread. You were not as anti John Stones and pro Umtiti as you would like to seem to think you were.

Alli played deeper v Liverpool and just another fabrication from you to claim he played further forward more.

Lets sign Ozil! Lol.

Liverpool Player of the Year?

How about we sign the player who's been featuring in European TOTYs? Using your own argument, the Ozil thing isn't as ridiculous as you're trying to make it sound.

And yeah, you're steering it away. I've asked for stats or articles, you've posted the exact number of 0.

I've not said anything about any articles, you're telling me to google it, and I'm telling you to google Coutinho inconsistency which you believe is untrue.

But you'll find plenty of articles there about his inconsistent play.

Again, you're posting what you've said already. That you've seen him play it, but you know Jammy, you don't trust what I saw so why should I believe in what you saw?

Since the start of all this I've asked you to back up your claim about Alli playing deeper and being better than Eriksen.

You've not managed to post a single stat or a single article.

And that's the fact here and everyone can see it.

JamDav1982

Liverpool Player of the Year?

How about we sign the player who's been featuring in European TOTYs? Using your own argument, the Ozil thing isn't as ridiculous as you're trying to make it sound.

And yeah, you're steering it away. I've asked for stats or articles, you've posted the exact number of 0.

I've not said anything about any articles, you're telling me to google it, and I'm telling you to google Coutinho inconsistency which you believe is untrue.

But you'll find plenty of articles there about his inconsistent play.

Again, you're posting what you've said already. That you've seen him play it, but you know Jammy, you don't trust what I saw so why should I believe in what you saw?

Since the start of all this I've asked you to back up your claim about Alli playing deeper and being better than Eriksen.

You've not managed to post a single stat or a single article.

And that's the fact here and everyone can see it.

You asked for articles then claim they mean nothing. Google it if articles are that important to you.

Ozil has been decent player for Germany in past. Nothing relevant there to discussing current levels of players.

Can find articles from Klopp at end of 2016 that praises consistency of Coutinho and after his injury problems was brilliant again at end of season 2017.

You have shown me nothing that Erisken is better player either and Alli who can play more positions and at 21 I think would be the better player. Simple as that.

I dont care about persuading you anything. You are not that important and will all pan out in future either way.

DonAK

You asked for articles then claim they mean nothing. Google it if articles are that important to you.

Ozil has been decent player for Germany in past. Nothing relevant there to discussing current levels of players.

Can find articles from Klopp at end of 2016 that praises consistency of Coutinho and after his injury problems was brilliant again at end of season 2017.

You have shown me nothing that Erisken is better player either and Alli who can play more positions and at 21 I think would be the better player. Simple as that.

I dont care about persuading you anything. You are not that important and will all pan out in future either way.

No, I didn't say that, but this is your level of expertise. Deflection tactics and the Strawman.

I never said articles are not important for me, I said show me.

And I showed plenty of stats and the opinions of Spurs fans on their forum about Eriksen being their most vital player and their best player. Stats about Eriksen creating more chances and key passes.

I did my part.

You're the one who disagreed and said otherwise, and have yet to show a single article or stat to back up your claim.

'Google it' is lazy and stupid. If you don't have anything objective then just say it.

You don't care about persuading me, but you've gone to this length to deflect one argument after the other and put up a dozen points trying to disprove what I am saying.

Your words don't match your actions, but I guess you're just trying to end this discussion one way or another after doing your best to turn it into something else. Failed to back up your claim and didn't show a single source.

Can't say I'm surprised, but it's obviously hurting you when you're coming up with that last line of rubbish now.

If it makes you happy I'll agree to Alli being able to play deeper. Like reaaaallyyyy deeper....as a GK :lol:

JamDav1982

I dont have to show you anything. Google it if you care strongly enough.

You are the one going with the strawman arguments as usual.

None of those stats prove anything as playing different positions for most part.

Some Spurs fans will see him as the more important player dont care and just as fellow pros have voted Alli in team of year twice and not Eriksen it is all opinions.

My opinion. Dont care if you agree and will see how it pans out in next few years.

I agree. Def be better keeper than Eriksen. Another string to his bow.

Jenks

They're completely different players. Eriksen is like a midfield Beckham, Dele Alli is an all out attacker. It's passing and vision that Eriksen has on Alli, but he's certainly not a better finisher or dribbler. In fact his lack of dribbling ability is probably one of the things that makes Eriksen less viable for Barca than Coutinho is.

gregorrin10

They're completely different players. Eriksen is like a midfield Beckham, Dele Alli is an all out attacker. It's passing and vision that Eriksen has on Alli, but he's certainly not a better finisher or dribbler. In fact his lack of dribbling ability is probably one of the things that makes Eriksen less viable for Barca than Coutinho is.

Yeah, but why not buy Eriksen and play him as RCM? He'd be perfect there with his vision and sensational passing. It's like you said, Eriksen and Coutinho are different players, and they would probably play very well together, if that ever happened. Coutinho is a better dribbler and has the better pace needed for storming forward, getting past a few players, like Iniesta does. While Eriksen could the perfect Xavi's replacement, maybe not so much in a sense of being a pure #6 like Verratti or Jorginho, since he likes to go forward a lot too, but he's still got that insane passing ability and vision, which would make him the perfect RCM for us. He could always play a bit more conservatively and control the play with his passing, when playing for us, even though he plays in a more advanced role in the national team. He's very much like Xavi in regards of not being flashy, when it's not necessary, but instead playing smart, picking all the right passes, andplaying like a true midfield maestro, pulling all the strings.

My dream for our midfield would be getting both Eriksen and Coutinho, but that's impossible, financially and our Board thinking they are the same kind of players and thus only need one of them. But if i was to go with one, it'd still be Eriksen, just because he can easily play like Xavi, controlling the play with his passing, or play in an advanced role like Iniesta. Either way, he'd fit into our midfield like a glove.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Incidentally for all those Eriksen lovers ... guess who's made the most chances / assists for Chelsea this season .. yes that creative genius Azpilcueta

Yannik

Incidentally for all those Eriksen lovers ... guess who's made the most chances / assists for Chelsea this season .. yes that creative genius Azpilcueta

I am a bit confused how this fact and the Tottenham player Eriksen are related to each other? Can someone explain?

DonAK

Yes, although they both in the same midfield would be enticing, and very strong.

You sure Alli is not a midfielder capable of playing deeper? Me and my friend here as you might have noticed went on about that for pages.

Imagine having a Coutinho - Eriksen midfield with Alenya as #3 in the pecking order behind them. Would be amazing. Too bad Suarez looks more and more done for every game he plays so we'll have to go out and sign a new forward with Griezmann being the easiest choice available if we want WC quality right now.

JamDav1982

Coutinho/Eriksen midfield wouldnt work. They are both too atacking and risk taking.

Both try a lot of shots and risky passes. Would have no balance.

DonAK

You never reply back when I quote you. It's kind of sad.

Anyway, Hazard, Cesc and Morata have more key passes and created more chances than Azpilicueta this season in the Premier League and that's only the three players I cared to check.

Why are you trying to make such a ridiculous point when what you're saying is factually incorrect?

Zincubus

Banned
You never reply back when I quote you. It's kind of sad.

Anyway, Hazard, Cesc and Morata have more key passes and created more chances than Azpilicueta this season in the Premier League and that's only the three players I cared to check.

Why are you trying to make such a ridiculous point when what you're saying is factually incorrect?

First off how am I supposed to know when you've quoted me and then why should I have to justify my comments on a player anyways ?

We are presumably both Barca fans with differing opinions ... that's what forum use is all about , surely ?

As to the facts ..... why would I make something up ?

It's a stat I saw this morning somewhere which suprised me and I shared it . Simple .

It just so happened that I got him confused with Hazard .... Probably as everyone seems to be clammering Hazard or the swede ...

Apologies

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans