Christian Eriksen

gasgas

The only reason I'm still on the fence about Eriksen is his close ball control. I really feel we need someone who can help us keep possession and absorb tremendous pressure through his ball retention skills and close quarters dribbling like Xavi could and the likes of Iniesta, Busi, Isco and Modric can. I have no idea if that player is even out there (I doubt Coutinho is the one), but in a perfect world, for me at least, we'd be looking for exactly such a player, and Eriksen isn't quite up to scratch in that department, as I see it...

Don't get me wrong, I love Eriksen and he'd be an upgrade to our midfield any day of the week solely through his end product, but I'm afraid he wouldn't solve our midfield woes all together.

We are keeping possession with Gomes, Rakitic, Paulinho and you are worried about Eriksen?

Trickykid

We are keeping possession with Gomes, Rakitic, Paulinho and you are worried about Eriksen?

Uh, yeah whenever the opponent let us do so. As soon as we fall under heavy pressure, we can't keep the ball at all. You honestly haven't noticed that?

M

MessiCam

Uh, yeah whenever the opponent let us do so. As soon as we fall under heavy pressure, we can't keep the ball at all. You honestly haven't noticed that?

It’s what I’ve been saying... At times Barça don’t know how to deal with the press resulting in teams running at us at will. It’s happened in the Bilbao and Sevilla games to a significant extent. Happened to some extent in the Malaga game too.

Devils

A player we definitely should have signed. There was a lot of hype surrounding him in his Ajax days that he would have been ideal for Barca.

Trickykid

idk, he's been incredibly underwhelming in both games vs Madrid.

He was pretty good in London.

A player we definitely should have signed. There was a lot of hype surrounding him in his Ajax days that he would have been ideal for Barca.

Nah, it would've been too early. He was still raw when he left Ajax, and he needed the continuity of playing regularly in Tottenham in order to progress like he has.

JamDav1982

There is hype surrounding as load of young players the vast majority dont make it.

Cant really look back now and say should have signed him.

Zincubus

Banned
idk, he's been incredibly underwhelming in both games vs Madrid.

Sony Erekson went missing in action again today . ... Had about 5 touches in the first half and I don't recall any of them reaching a teammate ...

Absolute disaster if we end up getting him here .

He was completely overshadowed by a Barca reject and a RealMadrid reject ..

Jakabor

He is the player Barca need. Spurs were collectively shit, and Eriksen had a offday like every player, but that doesn't change his track record.

Absolute baffling how some delusional buffoons on this site try to diminish Eriksen's quality despite the Danish star consistently proving how good he is. They are nowhere near this thread when Eriksen does well which he often does, including his recent hattrick. Nowhere near this thread. Yet they conveniently pop up after some matches.

Zincubus

Banned
He is the player Barca need. Spurs were collectively shit, and Eriksen had a offday like every player, but that doesn't change his track record.

Absolute baffling how some delusional buffoons on this site try to diminish Eriksen's quality despite the Danish star consistently proving how good he is. They are nowhere near this thread when Eriksen does well which he often does, including his recent hattrick. Nowhere near this thread. Yet they conveniently pop up after some matches.

He was anonymous against Granite , Ramsey and someome I can't even remember ... surely if he was that brilliant he would have done something ...anything ....

Barcilliant

Eriksen is a good player but not a great one.

We have enough good and mediocre players. Now we need an outstanding players. Quality over quantity.

Eriksen is not good enough, Coutinho is expensive and Fekir is untested.

To me Lemar would be the best bet.

Home of Barca Fans