Christian Eriksen

BBZ8800

I agree with you but buying no one at the moment won't ruin just one season. If we don't pull some miracle in the next 13 days we will be fucked for a long time. Next year we will have to buy world class LW and maybe RW also, 2 world class CM players, and a CB not to mention that our entire bench is total shit so how do you plan to fix this in one transfer window?

We will need at least 2 years for that and by saying that I am being optimistic. Suarez is also obviously getting worse with time so I really don't see how to fix this in a short term.

Imagine buying Eriksen for 120M (an example).
How will that solve anything, if we miss out on Coutinho and Dembele.

We still won't have a LW and we'll have only 3 defenders and a lot of granny midfielders.
So, a panic buy (for example) won't change anything. We still won't win anything.

Imagine a current team without Coutinho and Dembele.
And then imagine the same team with a 120M Eriksen. Will he be a gamechanger who will bring a CL title with Deulofeu at Lw and with only 3 playable defenders?
And with Olaf as a GK?

Garrus

The fact this board didn't even consider him as a backup, And chose to go on a faith based crusade for coutinho, Which as we're seeing ended in nothing, And now it's too late to do anything, Boils my blood, It's a disgrace
Any reasonable person, After seeing liverpool's initial strong refusal, Should've started turning his head to eriksen, The closest alternative.
The comedy part in this, It turned out Tottenham were in fact very interested in Gomes, We could've found a way to include him in the deal and lower his price a bit........

The fact this board didn't even consider him as a backup, And chose to go on a faith based crusade for coutinho, Which as we're seeing ended in nothing, And now it's too late to do anything, Boils my blood, It's a disgrace
Any reasonable person, After seeing liverpool's initial strong refusal, Should've started turning his head to eriksen, The closest alternative.
The comedy part in this, It turned out Tottenham were in fact very interested in Gomes, We could've found a way to include him in the deal and lower his price a bit........

But his name isn't Eriksinho.

Wick

Destroyed the 5th ranked national team in the world. 3 assists and a great goal. Been a star at Spurs for some time.

But of course Farto and co. don't even consider him. Would be perfect for Barca.

Zincubus

Banned
Another worldie... But he doesnt fit our style right?

He scored a good goal when it was already 3:0 and Poland were dead .

I've seen it for years , he's nowhere to be seen in the big games or the tight games , he only becomes really effective when his team are on top ... Flat track bully !?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
If he finds space he can really, really hurt you. He assists goals against us all the time from open play, but in the recent match against them when we had Luiz in DM to close down his space, he wasn't very good. He still got an assist but from a free kick to own goal lol.

He's an excellent passer and a good player but he can be controlled easier than you'd think.

Wick

I've seen it for years , he's nowhere to be seen in the big games or the tight games , he only becomes really effective when his team are on top ... Flat track bully !?

And what about his overall playmaking and assist making up until him scoring? You're clearly biased as every single time Eriksen does something good, which is frequently, you come here and bash him.

Eriksen is not a flat track bully at all.

clemente

Umm and who was the one who assisted all of those 3 goals?

BarçaBarça

Poland supposedly played worse than England ...
I like him as a player but he's no way good enough to be a Barca player imho

Then who is? Madrids midfield + Verratti maybe. Unattainable.
Eriksen is a level better than e.g. Seri. At the same level as Lemar & Coutinho too, but slidely more balanced (works hard defensively) and with less offensive quality (flair, dribbling). And on top of that we have around 7-8 players in our squad who belongs on 2nd or 3rd-tier teams in Spain/PL/Bundesliga. Getting Eriksen would be a remarkable upgrade from that.

Personally I would rather have Thiago, but not all players wants to come to Barca anymore.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Then who is? Madrids midfield + Verratti maybe. Unattainable.
Eriksen is a level better than e.g. Seri. At the same level as Lemar & Coutinho too, but slidely more balanced (works hard defensively) and with less offensive quality (flair, dribbling). And on top of that we have around 7-8 players in our squad who belongs on 2nd or 3rd-tier teams in Spain/PL/Bundesliga. Getting Eriksen would be a remarkable upgrade from that.

Personally I would rather have Thiago, but not all players wants to come to Barca anymore.

Very well said, 100% agree! :cheers:

Home of Barca Fans