Christian Eriksen

zanela

Thanks KM. Shows promise. Need to watch him more closely. But watching Spurs is such a drag, never liked the team. Even Pochettino's presence hasn't helped.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I like Eriksen. He'd do well in our midfield setup right now. He isn't the type to disrupt defenses with his dribbling Di Maria style or split them with passing a la Cesc but he is very well rounded and a smart footballer. His technique/awareness is excellent and I don't think decision making is at all a problem with him even under pressure, unlike Rakitic who shows flaws in these areas. He spreads the ball around well in the center and moves up to help 'outnumber' the opponent in attacking situations. His positioning is pretty superb as well. Not to mention that he adds a goalscoring threat (I don't think he'll take FK's here though, and his indirect deliveries are nothing special).

The problem is Daniel Levy of course and Rafinha is showing more and more aptitude in recent games. Halilovic looks poor a majority of the time (even today, when he had a goal) and Denis needs to come back because Sevilla is not at all the place for him to develop further. If Eriksen costs too much above 30m I wouldn't go for him.

Daniel Levy alone is reason enough to stay away.

MessiDinho10

Eriksen overall play hasn't been as good as with Ajax in my opinion, but his free kicks have definitely improved. Could just be Tottenham's style that is limiting him though. At Ajax, in his first year at the senior team, he destroyed teams like AC Milan and the English NT almost singlehandedly. De Boer just became the Ajax manager at the time. Eriksen is perfectly able to play in Iniesta's position for us, as he played there at Ajax too. He would be a good player for Barça, but I think we should look at other options too.

Trickykid

According to Ekstra Bladet (a terrible Danish tabloid, so take it for what it's worth) Juventus are seriously interested in Eriksen. Their source reveals that a meeting should already have taken place, and that they are prepared to pay around 23M for him. There's no way in hell Levy is selling Eriksen at that price, though. I doubt he'd go below 35ish million.

I hope there's some truth to it, as I'd love to see him at a well functioning team instead of the walking calamity that is Tottenham.

Qqqq

True, they have their bright moments, but also post every silly rumor spewed by the likes of Goal and so on.

Not very often though. Regarding sports, they are pretty spot on. Don't let it fool you that the rest of their articles are mostly shit.

LOL if you expect Spurs to sell him for under £30m then you're crazy.

I don't think anyone is expecting that. Not even Juventus.

Last edited:

Trickykid

@Squawka: Christian Eriksen has now scored 8 Premier League goals from outside the box since the start of last season, more than any other player.

Two freekick goals from him tonight against Swansea.

Trickykid

Would Eriksen be a good January buy for us?

I'm not sure he's good enough tbh. He still has the potential to become good enough for us, but he's got a tendency to disappear on the pitch and lacks the ability to completely control matches. Who knows, perhaps he'll become better in that regard and he'd definitely profit from better teammates than what's available at Tottenham, but the price would be horrible for someone like him; young, fairly high profiled goal scoring attacking midfielder from the PL...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe we have a chance at getting Gundogan in January afterall. Won't hurt trying.

Home of Barca Fans