Sepp Blatter

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm surprised the English fans around here aren't celebrating, this horrible, horrible idea would turn the game into a long ball fest.

Guardian

Smaller than Northampton Town? Anyway, I don't really understand what you're trying to say, you start off by stating some obvious facts about football history, then make a bizarre statement and continue on to some tangent about technology :sad:

maybe if you stop thinking how attractive the goats in Northampton are, you'll find out what I'm trying to say. :wave:
The off-side rule was stolen from the hockey game, but there is one difference. In hockey the video replays are allowed and they use technology as well. In football game they rely on the human eye, which is not perfect and this ruin the entire concept of the offside rule, it damages the football image.
My point is that the off-side rule can exist only if the video replays and technology are allowed, otherwise it's a fucking joke and hypocrisy. Did you get it now? Should I repeat?

by the way, as you're a Northampton fan:
My Levski will shit on your village team, that is made of a bunch of naughty firemen, barmen and cooks. :p
I'm sorry about the rant, but you're the only one who I can say that to. :p You're the only one who supports a team smaller than mine, just wanted to see how the feel looks like. :p

Lemmi

The Reckoner
I'm afraid Lewes FC are a couple of divisions below Northampton and currently in the relegation zone, so this title belongs to me.

beef-supreme

The off-side rule was stolen from the hockey game

I think you're quite wrong about that, the offside rule came about in a pre-modern football game called 'Cambridge Rules' which was invented in Cambridge, and later developed to be less strict and more refined around the time of the foundation of the Football Association.

Guardian

well, from what I read the initial football rules had no offside and the offside was implemented later, influenced by other sports played in the schools like hockey and rugby. Yes, in a meeting that took place in Cambridge, officials came to an agreement about the offside rule, but it has always been the most controversial rule ever since, and the fact that the offside rule has been changed so many times speaks of itself. There is something wrong. It generates the most mistakes in football and the football governing body should finally introduce technology into the game. Or just take the rule off.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
maybe if you stop thinking how attractive the goats in Northampton are, you'll find out what I'm trying to say. :wave:
The off-side rule was stolen from the hockey game, but there is one difference. In hockey the video replays are allowed and they use technology as well. In football game they rely on the human eye, which is not perfect and this ruin the entire concept of the offside rule, it damages the football image.
My point is that the off-side rule can exist only if the video replays and technology are allowed, otherwise it's a fucking joke and hypocrisy. Did you get it now? Should I repeat?

Offside has been in place for many years without the use of technology, the controversy is in my opinion an attractive idiosyncrisy of the game - I am fully in favour of goal line techology but not video appeals or technology to decide other aspects of the game.

P

PhilS

Sepp is nearing his end running FIFA. He is refusing to come to agreement with the European clubs now for their deal with FIFA following WC 2014. The European clubs will withhold their players from qualifications for WC 2018, which will cause FIFA to finally sack Blatter. Or WC 2014 will be the last, and FIFA will no longer run the sport.

UEFA will continue, they have come to agreement with the clubs.

M

mitkoa7x

Possibly no more world cups?
1924-i-aint-even-mad.jpg

Yannik

[tw]742415619103072257[/tw]

I'm shocked :rolleyes:

not that I'd doubt that something like this happened, but the source to that "interview" looks quite unreliable to me.
It also seems as if none of the more serious newspapers have picked up the story so far.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans