A defence dilemma - what would you choose?

What would you decide for the next season ?

• Keep Marquez, sell Milito

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Keep Milito, sell Marquez

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • I have no idea, I just want Oleguer back.

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

desoe

Let's think about how our defence will look for the next season. Who will stay and who will go.

We could easily assume that Puyol and Pique are untouchable, so we won't mention them here. What we have left are three more central defenders - Rafa Marquez, Gabi Milito and Chyg. (I'm too lazy to write his whole name, yes)

I could also assume that Chyg won't go nowhere, because he's young, he's VERY expensive and Pep seems to have some plans about that guy. (or at least he did have, I don't know)

So, I think that clearly it's all about keeping one between Marquez and Milito and letting one of them go. That's my question for you - if you have to choose, what would you do in this situation?

NickoH

You see, nobody ever goes in... and nobody ever co
Marquez just.....only because he's slightly more versatile.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If I had to choose between the 2 I would go for Milito. He was very good every time he played and he is one year younger than Marquez. There is that injury prone thing though..
On the other hand Marquez just signed a new contract so it would be kinda surprising if he left.
I hope Chygo doesnt turn into our costly mistake, because up until now he made no positive impact and we cannot afford to groom defenders at cost of us losing points/titles.
While you can sustain forwards and midfielders and their mistakes, defenders dont have that luxury. Or better said they are "allowed" to make only so much.
Next year we´ll probably see Muniesa getting some playing time and I dont want home grown talent being pushed back at expense of grooming the Ukrainian.
Chygo loan or Rafa sale would be most viable options imo.

Home of Barca Fans