44) Villa Park, Aston Villa
45) Stamford Bridge, Chelsea
46) Stadio Luigi Ferraris, Sampdoria/Cenova
47) Stadium of Light, Sunderland
48) The Den, Millwall
49) Bramall Lane, Sheffield United
50) El Monumental, River Plate

hendryrusli

I don't undestand why we're second. How do they judge the best stadium atmosphere? English press released this? Aren't they bias to opt for Anfield? Anfield do not deserve to have the best stadium atmosphere. Real Madrid as 8th? :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
7 out of first 10 are in Britain, surprise, surprise! I think they just put Barca, Real and Milan there just for decoration. So list is biased alright. But not even those 3 outside Britain deserve to be so high up. Nou Camp is quiet as a theater for most of the time, Bernabeu too so it`s really a rubbish list.
Turkish and Greek teams should be among top 5 imo.

barSELOna

Bojan said:
7 out of first 10 are in Britain, surprise, surprise! I think they just put Barca, Real and Milan there just for decoration. So list is biased alright. But not even those 3 outside Britain deserve to be so high up. Nou Camp is quiet as a theater for most of the time, Bernabeu too so it`s really a rubbish list.
Turkish and Greek teams should be among top 5 imo.

Yea mate do you remember which photos I sent you about "samiyen" and others ?

M.L. King

The Preacher
This is a terrible list, we don't deserve to be among the best 50. The atmosphere at Camp Nou is the same if you went to the theater. OK, when the team scores a goal the stadium explodes but during the match there are only marginal chants around the stadium.

And River Plate on the 50th place... disgrace.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Friend of mine was in Argentina last year and was quite disappointed at the atmosphere. Maybe he expected too much, I don`t know.

M.L. King

The Preacher
River has had some terrible seasons. Probably the atmosphere hasn't been very good in the last years. I'm only speaking for River as my friend lives in Buenos Aires and has told me a lot of things about the team. When there is Superclasico the frenzy overwhelms the whole city and the stadium is bursting at the seams.

[youtube:38wb6cm6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrY1nyqVd0Q[/youtube:38wb6cm6]

maz

I walk the line
The article doesnt say "best atmospheres during derbies". It says best stadium atmospheres. U have to take into account everything..including atmosphere in meaningless games for example. Anfield is by far and away the most consistet staidum in terms of good atmosphere. Their team go down a goal in a minor FA cup round and the fans will start singing even louder than before.

Camp Nou atmosphere..though i haven't actually been there..is apparantly much better than it appears on tv. Alot of the sound leaves the ground before it hits the microphones. The bernabéu appears pretty dead for alot of games.

I think its a fair list..epl staidums always have more consistent atmospheres in general than continental sides. And the la bombonera for example is outstanding on derby day but i have seen matches where the atmosphere isnt all its hyped up to be.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
No studium on earth can beat the atmosphere or audience like that of El Classico (Barca vs. Real).

Home of Barca Fans