Old Firm: Celtic-Rangers

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Needless to say it`s one of the biggest derbies in the World.
Today, in the 382th! Old Firm match, Celtic won 1-0 with the sole goal by Scott McDonald

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Magnifecent goal, thanks for sharing! Croasas said in an interview that he'd like to start playing more now that he's fully recoverd from the torn hamstring injury he recieved 2 months ago, i hope he does well.

Evil

Shabazz
Thanx Bojan, great goal. Feel bad for Crosas though, he's barely played any matches since he went there, either benched, not called up, or injured. I doubt we will use the option to buy him back in 2010 ..

A

aidanrnf

Actually Marc Crosas has been doing pretty well here. He's had some injury problems but he's near universally appreciated with the supporters (a rarity :lol: in the current team)

It's nice to see a player with the ability to actually play a bit of ball in an SPL midfield for a change. Here's hoping for a bright future...:cheers:

Barca_Ray_USA

I always liked the Celts more than Rangers. We seem to have had some good connections with their fans during our visits in Glasgow

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Ok well keep it clean and above the waiste!

I've been on a celtic forum and in a Croasas thread to be precise and i am amazed and also eager to buy him back from the feedback i got.

Kerrybai

Bump. Rangers and Celtic played each other today in the under 17's youth cup. With Rangers collapse there have been no Old Firm games this year so this attracted a large crowd.

Both sets of fans engaged in sectarian chanting and flares were thrown on the pitch, seats were also damaged. There was also trouble outside the ground between both sets of fans, I believe Rangers 'Union bears' were involved. Policing of the event was very poor.

While there does not seem to have been any major incidents the signs were not good. For a youth cup game to attract so much trouble is worrying. With the Rangers collapse I think the tension and hatred between both groups of fans has intensified. A very sinister element of violence has developed with regular death threats to known persons etc. I know some people now believe hatred levels are nearing levels of the 80's and 90's when sectarian violence was very high due to events in Northern Ireland.

The level of hatred when these two teams meet again will be higher than ever. I know its unlikely to happen both allowing these two sides into to EPL would seriously help to calm down this rivalry. With competition outside of each other these two teams might start to care more about football and less about each other.

ejuventus

So it was an Under-17 match

They should organize a yearly match during this period without Rangers in SPL.
I have always been for Celtic, and still am.
But I didn't like their reaction after our 1/8 this year. Both team and supporters (on comments on the net) were surprisingly not sporting

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans