FC Barcelona history

Galning

Without a doubt :lol:
I remember a story from Barça's USA tour in 2003 when he was visiting a training and there was a kid wearing a Madrid shirt, rumour has it he attacked the kid (not physically of course) :lol: Turned out the American kid had no clue of the rivalry between Barça and Madrid and didn't want to cause trouble.

F

Flavia

On December 8th 1899, Barça played their first ever game

www.fcbarcelona.com

12/08/2012 11:06

On the same day two years later, they played their first game with nets in the goals –a move that ensured there was no discussion about whether the ball had gone in or not!

fcb1901.v1354960307.jpg

It’s a double anniversary for the Club today: on this day in 1899 they played their first ever match against the English Colony in Barcelona in the old Velodrome in Bonanova. The Barça team didn’t play in their now iconic colours though, as the founding meeting of the Club on November 29th hadn’t decided on an official strip.

Two years later, in 1901 and on the exact same date, FC Barcelona played their first game with nets in the goals – beating Català 4-1 on the pitch of the Carretera de Horta.

[+] Review more in our History site

[+] All Legends of FC Barcelona

[+] All coaches of FC Barcelona

[+] All presidents of FC Barcelona

etihaas

Wow its an amazing article. By reading all this i am proud to be the fan of Barcelona... Barcelona history is amazing.. Thank u so much for posting it and i really do feel nice to read it.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I really need to get myself a collection of historical games, want to watch some of these matches from time to time! Have the 5-0 in 1974 with Cruijff, the only full match I have atm...

F

Flavia

I really need to get myself a collection of historical games, want to watch some of these matches from time to time! Have the 5-0 in 1974 with Cruijff, the only full match I have atm...

Where did you get it? Never saw it.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Where did you get it? Never saw it.

Here on the forums I found a link in the full matches thread, should still be in there. If not, send me a PM. I will then try to upload it somewhere if I can find the time to do it :)

Leo_Messi

Can anyone help me contact the department of FC Barcelona that deals with managing their webpage?

The case is that they have made a small mistake on their English webpage (also Spanish) regarding the Copa Eva Duarte. More precisely then they have omitted the Copa Eva Duarte trophy that was won in 1953 (the last time this tournament was held) while they should have included it just like they included the CED trophy won in 1952. Both times the club was awarded this trophy due to them winning the domestic double (La Liga & Copa del Rey).

The Copa Eva Duarte was the predecessor of the current Spanish Super Cup and was organized by RFEF from 1947 until 1953.

Here is the link to FC Barcelona's honours;

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/detail/card/honours-football

They omitted the CED won in 1953.

The RFEF recognize that the club won it that year.

http://www.rfef.es/noticias/supercopa/conoce-antecedentes-supercopa

Let me quote two sentences from that article above;

"Con la Supercopa de España nacida en el 82, la RFEF recuperaba el precedente oficial inmediato conocido como la Copa Eva Duarte que no se disputaba desde el 53."

"La temporada 1952/1953 fue la última en la que se disputó esta competición como consecuencia del fallecimiento de Eva Duarte de Perón."

So does this link.

http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/spansupcuphist.html

What do people say and first of all how do I contact the people responsible for that honours list at the club? Will they even bother to look at my message/"complain"?

To me it seems that the club forgot to include the 1952-1953 CED win. It's not the first or last time that the official webpage makes a mistake.

Thanks.

Home of Barca Fans