Jack Rodwell

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Very talented player. Looks liek he'll go a long way, as you say Sunny he's got a level head on him. He seems to have a good all round game, I think he'd be wasted at CB quite honestly.

Jenks

I really don't rate Rodwell. Typical English athlete, with just a bit better technique than most. Good deal for Everton, they already have Barkley coming through, who will likely be the superior of the two anyway.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
What's with all the hate?

he's certainly not the worst & has a bright future, probably a replacement for Gareth Barry in the squad, can't blame him for moving at all, doubles his wages + it's a step up from Everton, i reckon he'll see some gametime, Citys midfield isn't the best.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Theres hate for Rodwell because he's English and doesn't have a fancy sounding name. Honestly, theres so much hate for the English press, getting ridiculed and critizied for overrating EPL players, then those same players go to the total opposite side of the spectrum, and severly underrate people who play in the EPL. Just look at this thread and the BS about Bale.

"All Bale can do is kick the ball foward and run fast"

"Rooney is so crap, he wouldn't get into the Barca line up"

"Gerrard is a bad midfielder, all he can do is hit the ball really hard"

Lol! Such stupidity is a danger to my health. As someone who hates the English more then everyone in this forum combined, even I have to give them credit where credit is due.

Rodwell is an amazing player, how he's not starting for England is disgraceful. He's much better then Barry and Parker. He can also play as a CB, much better then Martinez, Busquets and Machete can. He will be a Man Cith starter easily, replacing Barry in the line-up.

Good buy Citeh.

Jenks

tumblr_m8ljbuVVcO1ro9s10.jpg

Hatem Ben Arfa

Rodwell is one of the few English players with a touch and close control that is close to that of Spanish players. He's not just an athlete.

Rodwell, Cleverly and Wilshere are Englands future and best shot at making it past the quarter finals at a major tournament.

as for Rooney, he can finish, but his control and touch range from an abysmal amateur to world class. unfortunately for him it is more often the former in the last couple of years.

Gerrard is WORLD CLASS don't pay attention to anyone that says otherwise. He has been injured for the last 3 years and been unable to regain his best form. Liverpool finishing Top 4 depends on completely on his fitness.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Rodwell will do better in a better team because he has the attributes than can be developed in a better environment training against top class players every day. Rodwell lost his edge at Everton.

Jenks

Rodwell does not have good close control or first touch. What antasy world are you guys living in? He's big, strong and quick, with a good strike on him. He's of the same ilk as Henderson, not Cleverley and certainly not Wilshere.

Robbie

Rodwell looked like a brilliant prospect, but the poor kid has Hargreaves-itis. I don't know if he can be half the player he could become thanks to all those injuries.

Home of Barca Fans