Jack Rodwell

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Rodwell signing an extension is really a good sign for Everton... Hope they hang on to other youngsters as well, they have a very nice batch of youth coming up

maxan10

SirTugAlot
he can sign an extension for now, but when the big boys come knocking, that is if his performances continue to rise over the next season then he's a goner. Everton is a strong club who don't like to over spend, infact a couple of seasons ago they finished in UEFA cup contention despite their manager being criticized for not buying any one only a few free transfers,loans etc.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Everton actually has a nice team now... and they will be contenders for top 4 again, so not much difference it's gonna make for him if there were other big clubs coming for his sig! Pool and Arsenal can't afford the kid, Chelsea don't need him and there's just Utd left!!

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Everton actually has a nice team now... and they will be contenders for top 4 again, so not much difference it's gonna make for him if there were other big clubs coming for his sig! Pool and Arsenal can't afford the kid, Chelsea don't need him and there's just Utd left!!

who ironically had been linked with Rodwell up until his contract extension. He's a young defender, there's been huge praise on him and his manager even compares him to rio. I don't think he's hyped, he's obviously proved this season that he deserves the credit, Keiran Richardson was hyped, Walcott was hyped even from his Southampton days, a host of other young english players have been over rated by the sports press so it's fairly understandable why some people feel that he is also in the over rated league :lol:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Rodwell is primarily a midfielder maxan.... Actually every other club had been linked up with him not just Utd!! and with Utd snapping up Ireland, there won't be much interest from their side in the near future, especially for the huge price tag!! In 2-3 years time I really have a feeling the young Everton squad will live upto their expectations

Add Bentley to that league there maxan:p

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Rodwell is primarily a midfielder maxan.... Actually every other club had been linked up with him not just Utd!! and with Utd snapping up Ireland, there won't be much interest from their side in the near future, especially for the huge price tag!! In 2-3 years time I really have a feeling the young Everton squad will live upto their expectations

Add Bentley to that league there maxan:p

yes i know he's a defensive midfielder, a bit like yaya in the way he can go play further up aswell, but he's also a very good cb, hence the comparisons, very dynamic player, i feel we havn't seen his best position fully experimented which could be either cb or dm. United apparently showed the biggest interest in him, everyone expected him to do a rooney and go United,this contract extension has quashed it, for now at least.

Bentley's over rating goes way back before his volley against arsenal. In general there's a perception that english players are over rated, that only clubs in the epl seem to want them, that no one is really fighting for their sigs outside of england, some due to their over valuation and some clearly wouldn't fit a system outside of england's. I'd also add Alan Smith, we signed him on the back of euphoric hype from his leeds days and that he would provide the same amount of energy and importantly goals, as it happened the goals dried up and ferguson was clueless on how best to use him.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
We don't NEED him but he would be great for us. He'd play DM while Essien can partner Lampard in front of him. Would be bloody brilliant.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We don't NEED him but he would be great for us. He'd play DM while Essien can partner Lampard in front of him. Would be bloody brilliant.

For that amount of cash to be splashed in order to buy a player, you'll have to need him tbh... or else it'd be just like a rich spoiled kid playing around with money not knowing what exactly he needs

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Actually he is incredibly level headed from all reports. He will be a star, no doubt about it and I don't normally get carried away with the press hype in the UK.

Home of Barca Fans