Jose Maria Bakero

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bakero

Who remembers this diminutive midfielder once FC Barcelona captain from the 90s? Watched some old Barca match few days ago and it was a joy to see Bakero alongside Koeman, Stoichkov and others.
I best remember Bakero goodbye match when he scored a goal in 96. It was such a passionate moment .

josemariabakerofcbarcel.jpg

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
I remember that match... I saw in tv. Robson was the coach and Mourinho is second...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Glad someone does! For some reason I always thought Mourinho was a physio.. :lol:
There was simply no room for Bakero in midfield with Guardiola, De La Pena, Enrique and Figo.
Even Amor and Prosinecki hardly played that season.

JCCR_FCB

Even Amor and Prosinecki hardly played that season.

And also, Giovanni, Vitor Baia, Fernando Couto, Pizzi, Ronaldo... what a great team... the Barça of three copas (Recopa, Supercopa of Spain and Copa del Rey).

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Underrated Barca legend, it's a shame people forget about the great Basque core of the dream team.

D

dyniek

And now he's a coach at Lech Poznan (Poland) signed day before Europa League clash with Man City. Bakero was signed till end of league season in June 2011.

JCCR_FCB

I remember him in a famous match against Kaiserslautern, when he scored in the end of the game and keep Barça in CL... until the Wembley final ... that our team won... it was 1992!

D

dyniek

Bakero wins once again!

Bakero in his first game as Lech Poznan coach won against Man City in Europa League 3:1!!

El Gato

Villarato!
Bakero the legend. The coach that was there before has actually put Lech into 10th spot in Polish League even though the team gave great performances in Europa League. There is so much potential in some of their players, can't believe they've actually managed to pull out such a huge win.

D

dyniek

Bakero the legend. The coach that was there before has actually put Lech into 10th spot in Polish League even though the team gave great performances in Europa League. There is so much potential in some of their players, can't believe they've actually managed to pull out such a huge win.

actually not 10th but 14th. I have no idea what he had told the players but it must have been "strong" :)

Home of Barca Fans