Thiago Silva

Jair Ventura

What individual mistakes? Humor me. Man is probably the least mistake prone defender in football, especially compared to CB’s that are allegedly as good or better like Ramos or Pique.

Last edited:

fergus90

I still personally think he's the best defender in the world. Granted at the World Cup in '14 he did a terrible job of mentally leading at crucial moments, but he is always first class when he plays.

Lutece FC

I still personally think he's the best defender in the world. Granted at the World Cup in '14 he did a terrible job of mentally leading at crucial moments, but he is always first class when he plays.

This is funny because everybody forget that he was not playing during their semi-finals vs Germany.

jamrock

Overrated as hell, top defender but still overrated as hell, I've said this since he was in Italy, Everytime I would see him play a big game in the CL he would look meh.

Wallace

Technically he is one of the best in the world, but that alone is not enough to be the best defender in the world. For me, Hummels is a step above him for several reasons.

Miranda, for example, who is a much more limited defender, has already done much more in Europe than TS. (One of the biggest bizarre things I've ever seen in life was Scolari not having summoned him to the 2014 World Cup at the height of his career.) I am very happy that he is currently play with Tite and, unless he is injured, will continue playing. TS is a good reserve for the pair Marquinhos-Miranda.

Before they criticize me or call me crazy, that's just my opinion. Tite has a great merit to form excellent defenses and any minimally decent defender plays very well with this tactical scheme (Cof cof Marquinhos)

Devils

Best defender in the world...

giphy.gif

Oh and one of the worst leaders I have ever seen. Horrendous captain.

No surprise every team he captains sinks like the Titanic.

Soft as baby lotion.

Guess who captained them to blowing a 4-0 lead? And who didn't play when they actually got that 4-0 lead?

Pique >>>> him

Ramos too.

And I'm not even going to name that other CB on our team (aka the actual best CB in the world) because that'd just be unfair.

So fucking overrated.

You may laugh but atleast the man is able to feed his family in Paris (gold croissants) :pep:

Maybe he might have been able to live up to the hype if he didn't go to Ligue 1.

Last edited:

Morten

Good player, but people will remember him for for his Fifa-cards than actual performances, wasted his career in farmers league.

Co0ter

Yes, he was fantastic in Milan, almost immediately after moving there too. It's too bad be ruined his career a few seasons later.

Home of Barca Fans