Thiago Silva

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Saying that "Oh, we'll be richer/better than you in 10 years" reeks of arrogance. I was even agreeing with most of what Juvens had to say, but he went too far.

Bertus

Saying that "Oh, we'll be richer/better than you in 10 years" reeks of arrogance. I was even agreeing with most of what Juvens had to say, but he went too far.
Juvens is a die hard PSG fan. And 50% of the time I don't agree with him.

But what I was pointing to is that there are arrogant fans and even boards in any club.

You can't know that but I'll tell you.

Many, many psg fans were really annoyed, and even disguted when Barca tried to sign TS and Marquinhos. Not because they targeted them. That's normal. But because the Barca board, and many of the Barca fans, were talking and dealing with it as if PSG was a shitty little club you can get anyone from "because they were Barcelona".

That's basic psychology. Now many PSG fans will act hostile and arrogant towards Barcelona.

It's not right. But the hate this board built amongs the PSG fanbase is high, and now we have to deal with it.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Of course it is natural to be annoyed, when any club, not just Barcelona, comes to your door, acting as though they have the right to just take your stars away.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Arrogance?

Reminds me who was the arrogant board who believed twice in a row that they could force their way and steal TS and marquinhos from PSG.

Who was the arrogant retard that led Barca to pursue TS till the very end in summer 2013 leading the club to not sign anyone.

Who was the arrogant Boss that plainly said in a press conference "I don't understand why a player (TS in this case) would not pick Barca".

Barca did many mistakes because of that arrogance.

A chance Lucho is not the same and usually has plan B or even plan C.

But even so, the arrogant board continue to make retarded signing like Douglas and Vermi.

No one can call PSG or their fans arrogant when looking at what Barca did because of their high attitude towards Clubs that are not called RM or Bayern.

In no way was I defending our board, god forbid, very very farm from it, and their attitude or the one of the fans doesn't represent mine.

"You're jealous"

"We'll be richer/better than you in 10yrs"

"Your club is a debtor, we have tons of money"

etc etc ..

Sorry but Juvens really pushed it too far, I love psg, and wish them all the best, love their team, was rooting for them (after barça) in CL.. but you won't convince me that PSG is top5 (other than money wise) in the world, nor that "Ligue1 is same level as bpl", they might get there, but stating so as an absolute truth is being a bit arrogant, especially when you phrase it like Juvens did and put them in 1 to 1 comparison with Barça..

Bertus

Of course it is natural to be annoyed, when any club, not just Barcelona, comes to your door, acting as though they have the right to just take your stars away.

I hope the new elected people will change that.

I'm sure that if they start a new, good relationship with PSG, they will have more chances to sign PSG's players in the future.

Also, many PSG fans before this board tried to act like pricks with PSG liked Barca a lot. I know that very well.

During the Ronaldinho years, most PSG fans were always behind Barcelona. Most of them were always rooting for Barca against RM.

But those last few years, it's changing. Mostly because Barcelona (their board in particular) tends to act really hostile and arrogant towards PSG.

And that's sad, because years ago, being a Barcelona and a PSG fan was something quite common.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It's rather odd though, it seems as though the board really only does this to PSG. Do they think that since we are sponsored by Qatar Foundation, we will get special treatment from the Qataris? :unsure:

Bertus

In no way was I defending our board, god forbid, very very farm from it, and their attitude or the one of the fans doesn't represent mine.

"You're jealous"

"We'll be richer/better than you in 10yrs"

"Your club is a debtor, we have tons of money"

etc etc ..

Sorry but Juvens really pushed it too far, I love psg, and wish them all the best, love their team, was rooting for them (after barça) in CL.. but you won't convince me that PSG is top5 (other than money wise) in the world, nor that "Ligue1 is same level as bpl", they might get there, but stating so as an absolute truth is being a bit arrogant, especially when you phrase it like Juvens did and put them in 1 to 1 comparison with Barça..

I had juvens on my blacklist at some points. That should tell you something.

But if people didn't start to spam that TS did the wrong choice, again, and again, and again, this discussion would not have reached that point.

If people don't want that to happen, they should start by not spamming the same things again and again, because their opinion starts to be seen as a trashing TS contest.

Bertus

It's rather odd though, it seems as though the board really only does this to PSG. Do they think that since we are sponsored by Qatar Foundation, we will get special treatment from the Qataris? :unsure:
Dunno, but hopefully that will change with the new board.

Rosell and Barto were very poor at building good relationship with new rich clubs.

Dunno if it was because of a morals POV (and that would be retarded if that's the case since Qatar is their main sponsor), but they failed.

I have hopes that the new board will start anew, and that by summer 2016 the chance of signing Verratti will have improved because of it.

Vlom

But those last few years, it's changing. Mostly because Barcelona (their board in particular) tends to act really hostile and arrogant towards PSG.

There's probably also the fact that PSG is now a serious contender for CL (unlike the time of Ronaldinho) by it's own right, and that unfortunately, it had to be Barça that stopped them each time.

When you support a small (please don't kill me, lol) like say Granada, a lot of their fans will also support one of the big 2, because they wanna cheer for someone till the late stages of european football, but if Granada tomorrow was able to compete for the trophy for themselves, most of their fans would turn their back to the big2 they were supporting before.

I think this has a lot to do with it, I don't know how much does the average club fan know about all the politics going on in the backgrounds..

Bertus

There's probably also the fact that PSG is now a serious contender for CL (unlike the time of Ronaldinho) by it's own right, and that unfortunately, it had to be Barça that stopped them each time.

When you support a small (please don't kill me, lol) like say Granada, a lot of their fans will also support one of the big 2, because they wanna cheer for someone till the late stages of european football, but if Granada tomorrow was able to compete for the trophy for themselves, most of their fans would turn their back to the big2 they were supporting before.

I think this has a lot to do with it, I don't know how much does the average club fan know about all the politics going on in the backgrounds..

That should not have played a role in that.

You can be contenders for the same trophies and be respectful of your opponents.

I'm adamant, and sad that Verratti will one day sign for RM instead of Barca, mainly because Flo did the complete opposite of Rosell and Barto, and built a respectful relationship with PSG. Allowing him to at least be able to discuss things with PSG, while with Barca, nasser (according to parisian medias) just sends them to die every times since summer 2013

Vlom

That should not have played a role in that.

You can be contenders for the same trophies and be respectful of your opponents.

I'm adamant, and sad that Verratti will one day sign for RM instead of Barca, mainly because Flo did the complete opposite of Rosell and Barto, and built a respectful relationship with PSG. Allowing him to at least be able to discuss things with PSG, while with Barca, nasser (according to parisian medias) just sends them to die every times since summer 2013

Rosell is definitely one of the worst things that happened to this club, it's painfully hard to find anything he did that did the club some good :/

Verratti is simply my dream middfielder (imo) for barça, I would be heartbroke if he chooses RM for politics rather footballistic reason, though I think PSG will hold on to him as long as they can, and rightfully so.

Also, you won't find any bashing to TS from me, I rate the guy very very high, and one of the best PSG signings ever.

Bertus

Rosell is definitely one of the worst things that happened to this club, it's painfully hard to find anything he did that did the club some good :/

Verratti is simply my dream middfielder (imo) for barça, I would be heartbroke if he chooses RM for politics rather footballistic reason, though I think PSG will hold on to him as long as they can, and rightfully so.

Also, you won't find any bashing to TS from me, I rate the guy very very high, and one of the best PSG signings ever.

It needs to change in the near future because every times verratti's agent talks about Verratti signing for another club, he always mention RM. It happened again last week.

Verratti also spent a part of his holidays in Madrid last summer, of course, because no one is stupid, because he was surely invited by Flo.

Flo definitely is preping everything to sign Verratti at some point, while Barca is left out.

Vlom

It needs to change in the near future because every times verratti's agent talks about Verratti signing for another club, he always mention RM. It happened again last week.

Verratti also spent a part of his holidays in Madrid last summer, of course, because no one is stupid, because he was surely invited by Flo.

Flo definitely is preping everything to sign Verratti at some point, while Barca is left out.

I hope the next board will do everything they can to fix this and make it that IF he leaves, it is to join us, I'll buy 100 of his shirts if that can help :D hehe

Home of Barca Fans