Thiago Silva

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Wha? Didn't he just say this last month?:

"The rumours about me? I'll be at Milan for a long time and I want to be captain,"
Well he's unlikely to be saying he wants to leave given it's the middle of the season and it looks like things at the very early stages of negotiation.

Robbie

Oh yes, Graham Hunter the "expert" on Spanish football who has said things like:

"Cesc Fabregas is so determined to leave Arsenal he would be willing to move to Manchester City"

:lol:

I'm also pretty sure Thiago Silva was talking about spending his entire career with Milan and talked about wanting to be captain more than once. He's probably the last player you'd think would leave, especially with their current success after all they went through to get there.

Trickykid

Oh yes, Graham Hunter the "expert" on Spanish football who has said things like:

"Cesc Fabregas is so determined to leave Arsenal he would be willing to move to Manchester City"

:lol:

I'm also pretty sure Thiago Silva was talking about spending his entire career with Milan and talked about wanting to be captain more than once. He's probably the last player you'd think would leave, especially with their current success after all they went through to get there.

However, if he has any wish of winning the CL, he'll probably know by now that there's no way in hell he'll do that at Milan barring some kind of divine intervention. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined either Barca og Real this summer.

Robbie

Milan were finalists twice in the last 10 years and won it in 2007. They're one of the biggest clubs of all time and deserve a lot more respect than what you're giving them. Probably one of the favourites to win it this season either way.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I don't think Milan are a million miles away just need another creative cm

Loyalty is rare these days and i hope Silva stays loyal with Milan.

Ash1899

However, if he has any wish of winning the CL, he'll probably know by now that there's no way in hell he'll do that at Milan barring some kind of divine intervention. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined either Barca og Real this summer.

Whatever floats your boat mate

Meanwhile, in the real world, Silva was recently given the captain'a armband in recent matches and even captained the team despite Seedorf being on the pitch. He also has once again reiterated his desire to stay at Milan and end his career there as it's captain. Not to mention that he just signed a new contract till 2016 and Galliani himself has categorically denied that ANY of our big players would leave the club....

But of course, all that points to him leaving, who knew.....

Trickykid

Milan were finalists twice in the last 10 years and won it in 2007. They're one of the biggest clubs of all time and deserve a lot more respect than what you're giving them. Probably one of the favourites to win it this season either way.

You're right about that. I should indeed be giving them a bit more credit, at least based upon recent history. From what's left in this years CL, They're clearly up there with the best, apart from the two La Liga giants, as I see it.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Whatever floats your boat mate

Meanwhile, in the real world, Silva was recently given the captain'a armband in recent matches and even captained the team despite Seedorf being on the pitch. He also has once again reiterated his desire to stay at Milan and end his career there as it's captain. Not to mention that he just signed a new contract till 2016 and Galliani himself has categorically denied that ANY of our big players would leave the club....

But of course, all that points to him leaving, who knew.....

Hit a nerve, did I?
I don't think I ever said anything about him moving was a certainty, but I reiterate; I won't be surprised if he moves for greener pastures. What players, presidents and managers say today are oft forgotten tomorrow.

dalitis8

Banned

In fact AC Milan won the the European Cup twice during the past decade. 2003 and 2007. The were also finalists in 2005, when they self-destructed against Liverpool.

But their level has dropped calamitously since then. Your effort to appease the Milan fans in here, has led you to make an absurd claim. They are 6th (and very distant) favorites at best. Anyone besides Apoel and Benfica, and they will be the outsiders, in the Last 16.

Ash1899

Hit a nerve, did I?
I don't think I ever said anything about him moving was a certainty, but I reiterate; I won't be surprised if he moves for greener pastures. What players, presidents and managers say today are oft forgotten tomorrow.

What nerve?

Yea, any player could say something today and something completely different tomorrow. Heck, I could even say that about Messi if we are gonna argue in such vague terms

The team is in a rebuilding phase. I don't know about you, but I am pretty sure our management aren't idiotic enough to sell one of it's key elements. Otherwise Silva wouldn't have been given the captain's armband to beginwith...

What's hilarious is how Barcelona fans think that their team is the end all be all of football....

dalitis8

Banned
What's hilarious is how Barcelona fans think that their team is the end all be all of football....

Our team is surely the most stylish to have ever played the game.

Maybe Brazil 1982 will have something to say about that.

And since you are so disgusted by Barca fans' arrogance, what are you doing on a Barca forum?

Last edited:

Jenks

I think it depends what you consider 'style' to be. They're probably the slickest passers of the ball football has seen, but the one with the most flair or invention? Hardly.

Ash1899

Our team is surely the most stylish to have ever played the game.

Maybe Brazil 1982 will have something to say about that.

And since you are so disgusted by Barca fans' arrogance, what are you doing on a Barca forum?

Not to bother with your troll posts, that's for sure...

Home of Barca Fans