Marc Bartra

Barcilliant

He should be a central midfielder. He's good going forward and on the ball. Could be dm too like Busquets. He is not a good cb though. His positioning and lack of pace kill him.

clemente

He is doing AMAZING right now, look at Betis record since he joined, in 12 games they won 9 and conceded only 9 goals, good to see him finally do well.

George_Costanza

He is doing AMAZING right now, look at Betis record since he joined, in 12 games they won 9 and conceded only 9 goals, good to see him finally do well.

cuz of this guy
n_20180420134135_quique_setien_yo_me_encuentro_muy_a_gusto_en_el_betis.jpg

Messi983

Betis player of the season. Surprising since he joined in January.

Congrats, Marc!

Except for RM game which was a nigthmare for Bartra their defense has really improved with him there though that improvement probably also had a lot to do with changing system to 3-5-2 and starting to play Junior Firpo as LWB instead of Durmisi. I'm interested if 3-5-2 was just a temporary solution (that worked really great for them) and Setien will go back to 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 as his primary formations so they'll need to bring another good CB alongside Bartra (though Feddal was by far their best defender when healthy in first half of the season and he should return but it's questionable if he'll find his old form or how long this would take after a serious injury). Based on the players they are rumoured to be interested in I think Setien wants to return to 4-3-3 but he'll probably still use 3 CBs in some games.

Joan

Except for RM game which was a nigthmare for Bartra their defense has really improved with him there though that improvement probably also had a lot to do with changing system to 3-5-2 and starting to play Junior Firpo as LWB instead of Durmisi. I'm interested if 3-5-2 was just a temporary solution (that worked really great for them) and Setien will go back to 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 as his primary formations so they'll need to bring another good CB alongside Bartra (though Feddal was by far their best defender when healthy in first half of the season and he should return but it's questionable if he'll find his old form or how long this would take after a serious injury). Based on the players they are rumoured to be interested in I think Setien wants to return to 4-3-3 but he'll probably still use 3 CBs in some games.
From rumors I've seen, they are mostly looking for players running out of contract. But there's probably a scheme.

I think that playing with 3 at the back (3-4-3 or 3-5-2) plays to Setien's team's strengths. Don't think Bartra would be nearly as good if they played 4 at the back, but this way he can free some space and play the ball to the front 2 or 3. Since wingers can drift inside, they often gain numerical advantage and wingbacks will provide width. Junior even played as part of the backline iirc so don't think he'd suffer the change but one never knows.

In my opinion, Zidane did very well countering them. Didn't bother attacking through the middle and played with Asensio, Lucas, Bale and Ronaldo, all capable of playing wide. Add to that Marcelo and Dani and it was impossible to defend well enough.

Actually, Setien did install his principles from the beginning, but I think they reached the peak of the season when 3 at the back was employed. Interesting, Girona and Betis overachieved playing 3 at the back. I'd say it's similar to what Conte did in the EPL. Some tactics can surprise coaches. But it's not a massive movement (like in EPL where many used the same tactics, even Wenger and Mourinho) so will be interesting to see how they do in LaLiga next season. Same goes for Sevilla. I believe they can do some serious damage if everything works Machin's way since they are a better team, after all.

psychotsek

I don't know how he isn't even considered for our defense.Just sell Vermaelen and get him as third CB. This board man, Barta, Montoya ,Thiago and Munir can't be worse than Vermaelen, Vidal,Gomes and Alcacer.

clemente

I don't know how he isn't even considered for our defense.Just sell Vermaelen and get him as third CB. This board man, Barta, Montoya ,Thiago and Munir can't be worse than Vermaelen, Vidal,Gomes and Alcacer.

Wtf is the point to dig at Vermaelen? For how much he played this season, he showed the highest CB level out of all the defenders we have.

MTL_Barca

He could've stayed as a bench warmer, it's not like we forced him to leave so he probably doesn't want to be our Nr 3/4 even after not making it at Dortmund. He is now a half season at Betis and things are going well, he should just stay there instead of jumping to the next club or back on our bench.

psychotsek

Wtf is the point to dig at Vermaelen? For how much he played this season, he showed the highest CB level out of all the defenders we have.

No one is digging anyone.Vermaelen is a great player when fit but we spend 20 mil for transfer fees plus salaries for a player that had just 60 appearances last 3 years.

clemente

No one is digging anyone.Vermaelen is a great player when fit but we spend 20 mil for transfer fees plus salaries for a player that had just 60 appearances last 3 years.

When Umtiti got injured, nobody noticed anything because of how great he played, don't see the point to get rid of him yet, and he has at least 2 seasons in him. It's not like we can get anyone of his level anyway. Just replace Mina with somenoe like Bartra or some young prospect and we're good.

Home of Barca Fans