Moe

powered by;
No Romario thread? Seriously?

romario.jpg

Full Name: Romário de Souza Faria
Date of birth: January 29, 1966
Place of Birth: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Height: 1.69m
Honours while at Barca: La Liga 1994, Pichichi 1994, World Player of 1994, World Cup 1994

romario_179808.jpg

Romário came to FC Barcelona from PSV Eindhoven in 1993. He played a total of 82 games and scored a total of 53 goals before leaving in 1995 to Flamengo.
Laudrup once said; "No one else could utilize my passes the way he (Romário) did."
Cruyff, Maraodona, and Baggio all agreed on that Romário is one of the best finishers of all time.​

Romário in 1994 (with Barca)
[YOUTUBE]9p_BR8u0MvM[/YOUTUBE]​

oh he's also a p!mp..

[FCB]Messi[10

Well his son Romarinho that is 16 years old, is going to sign a professional contract with Vasco da Gama the same club his father signed for in the 80s. So we will see if the Romario legacy will continue.

desoe

I find it really frustrating that he played just 2 seasons for us. As well Maradona and Ronaldo. What a list of marvelous football legends, who we didn't keep because of different reasons. Or maybe not so different ..

Aasim

Bumbleman
Yeah when i found out that players like Ronaldo, Maradona and Romario played for Barca, i always wondered why they never were here for a longer time. Now i understand all the politics involved in football and its a bit sad how they get involved within footballing matters.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yeah his finishing skills were out of this world. Only person I can think of who rivals him in that department is Eusebio. He scored 317 goals in 301 games for benfica! and 41 goals in 64 appearances for Portugal.

Romario and Stoichkov, unbelievable up front together. That team were unlucky they had AC Milan as rivals as they would have beaten any other team at that time in europe. Milan were just superior as a unit.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Yeah when i found out that players like Ronaldo, Maradona and Romario played for Barca, i always wondered why they never were here for a longer time. Now i understand all the politics involved in football and its a bit sad how they get involved within footballing matters.
If it wasnt for that same politics, they probably wouldn't have played for us.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
I remember when I was kid & i used to watch him coming down to the field & walking to opponent players & referees with his hands crossed behind his back & with his stern & firmed look he used to give , hell of a player ... i used 2 watch him with sheer astonishment ....

one of the most bright reasons of why i supported BARCA on earlier days..... & continued till now .....

my all time fav player.....

Arabface

can't even describe this man..all i can say is that im sooo glad i sport my brasil 2002 qualifications romario jersey ahah luv u mane

Home of Barca Fans