Romario

Chainsaw

Killahead
[size=+1]Romario tells Brazil legend Pele to shut up![/size]

Former PSV and Barcelona striker Romario has lashed out at Brazil legend Pele, telling the 71-year-old to stop making comments about him.

Romario, who serves as a deputy in the national parliament, has vowed to bring Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) president Ricardo Teixeira to justice if the corruption allegations on the 64-year-old are confirmed.

Earlier in the week, Pele played down Romario's resolve and said that the 45-year-old was accusing Teixeira as a way to get back at the CBF for being left out of Brazil's squad for the 1998 World Cup.

Romario, who has always failed to see eye-to-eye with Pele, stressed he is not looking for revenge and said that 'The King' was clueless when he made those comments.

"I had promised never to talk about Pele again, because he talks so much shit," Romario told reporters. "Pele should run for the parliament, he does not know any rules, any statutes, anything at all... He must shut up.

"I am 45 years old, I know many things. This thing about sorrow is stupid. What I say about Ricardo Teixeira is about what I see.

"I do not get anything from CBF. Maybe Pele does, perhaps that is why he is making those comments."

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Romario is one of the biggest legends in the history of man, seriously. What's even better is that he was so good he just got away with everything. The best was when he asked Cruyff if he could go to the Brazilian Carnival, and was told only if he scored a hat trick in the next game against Real Madrid, then proceeded to score a hat trick. Ridiculous.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Romario is one of the biggest legends in the history of man, seriously. What's even better is that he was so good he just got away with everything. The best was when he asked Cruyff if he could go to the Brazilian Carnival, and was told only if he scored a hat trick in the next game against Real Madrid, then proceeded to score a hat trick. Ridiculous.

he was a fucking Legend, no doubt.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
This stinkingly redonkulous goal!?

Apologies if this isn't the correct goal, I'm not well versed with Barcelona history, but this is the one that came to mind cause I'd seen it on a video of all of Romario's Barcelona goals.

DucdeOrléans

This stinkingly redonkulous goal!?

Apologies if this isn't the correct goal, I'm not well versed with Barcelona history, but this is the one that came to mind cause I'd seen it on a video of all of Romario's Barcelona goals.

Oui monsieur that's the one. Iconic goal. And what a player Laudrup was.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I am so old I remember his brilliance at PSV!! awesome.

Though he did have magnificent partners in Stoichkov and Bebeto too.

D

damunk

As much as I adored Romario, I honestly don't think he was better than Ronaldo.

You will be able to see both playing on the same side against Zidane and friends in a charity match in Brazil next month.

X

xaviniesta

2:30 damn that goal has some serious swag. i think only thiago could pull off such finish today.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
The smartest striker ever to live , excellent finisher but lazy as fuck .. he survived by his brains more than his professionalism making the minimum movement enough to put him in scoring position without a drop of sweat.. fucking love Romario

Home of Barca Fans