Mesut Ozil

Horatio

You're welcome
He doesnt say he never got the call from Barca. He said that he flew over to meet with officials from the club to discuss move but go the feeling Guardiola did not want him as never met or contacted him.

Later after his move the description of Mourinho mocking his attitude to to tackling is class.

Ah okay.

This is the excerpt I read: "But Josep Guardiola was not present at those meetings and he didn't call me up in the days after. He didn't even send me a text. He showed me that he wasn't interested in me. My interest in a transfer to Barca dissipated quickly afterwards".

(translated from Dutch)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cesc was better than Ozil. At least Cesc had some synergy with Messi. No guarantee Ozil would, and then Madrid's style of play was very open too, and he was a starter there.

In the end, both are more or less the same player.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Ozil's better than Cesc. He would have never slowed down the play like Cesc did for example. And he also is pretty pacey himself!

JamDav1982

"Mourinho screamed at me 'Do you think two nice passes are enough? You think you are too good to enter a duel. You think you are so good that you can play at 50 per cent. Do you know what it looks like when you enter a duel? Let me show you.' He then tiptoed around the dressing room with his hands close to his body and pursed lips," read an extract from Ozil's book 'Die Magie des Spiels', which is being serialised in Bild.

Best bit of the extracts so far.

clemente

I feel like throwing up just from the thought of him wearing our shirt, knowing barto these rumours might come true.

Home of Barca Fans