Mesut Ozil

KluivertsBoots

How?

I'll give you Ozil has more potential since he is younger/taller. I don't understand the argument that Bremen is a better club than Gala. Gala plays just as much European football as Bremen. Bremen doesn't exactly kick the doors in. Germany is better overall of course, but I would not use that as the reasoning for Ozil>Turan. Turan is a younger Arshavin for me, only Turan has gained maturity much more quickly than Arshavin. Loads of clubs will miss out on Turan, but he will make an impact at whatever big club he moves to this summer. When I look at Ozil, I see EPL written all over him. He just doesn't strike me as a Liga player.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And.. He's a Barca fan. I saw it being mentioned few times in couple of weeks now. His contract is expiring..

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
And.. He's a Barca fan. I saw it being mentioned few times in couple of weeks now. His contract is expiring..

... in 2011. Would still make him cheaper this summer. He lacks form lately though. Still a promising and very talented player. But his consistency is questionable, thats why i favored Kroos (see above).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
... in 2011. Would still make him cheaper this summer. He lacks form lately though. Still a promising and very talented player. But his consistency is questionable, thats why i favored Kroos (see above).

I know. "Barca fan" is a key point and we could get him on discount as a sub for Xavi/Iniesta.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Hm, he currently does play in the left MF for Leverkusen. But this is not his favoured position and he is definitely not a true winger. Its prolly still the position in a flat 442 (thats what Leverkusen plays), that fits him the most. Naturally he is either the AM or a CM in a 442 diamond or a CM in a 433 formation.

For Leverkusen he indeed plays on the side, but he also likes to cut into the middle, behind the strikers and provide them with short, opening passes, or just takes a long shot from there (his specialty tbh). Otherwise he has a very good read of the game, good long passing and set pieces and good technique. While he can dribble, i wouldnt say that he is biased towards dribbling down the flank.

To sum it up his style is fairly similar to that of Fabregas.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
If you've seen Arda play then maybe you're right but what I've heard from him, he's very impressive. I saw him @ WC last time and he was really impressive for me.

V

Valon

If you've seen Arda play then maybe you're right but what I've heard from him, he's very impressive. I saw him @ WC last time and he was really impressive for me.

I've seen him a lot as I'm a fan of Turkey NT and I like Fenerbahce, he was indeed great at the EC in 2008. But I've always thought he lacks something, I'd say he's more suited to Italian leagues but I could be wrong.

Home of Barca Fans