Mesut Ozil

xXKonan

[tw]933484850480369665[/tw]

Cat Radio saying we met with Ozil's reps and we came to agreement. Ozil requested this season and a 3 year deal and the transfer fee would be 20 Million.

Givenchy

This will be a disaster for us. another Arsenal player, ex-Madrid and will most likely mean no Coutinho.. the board will think thats the midfield sorted. we need players who will work hard in midfield to compensate Messi who gets a pass cause hes Messi but Ozil in the same team..

Devils

These idiots seriously tried to buy Di Maria in the summer and now going to buy Ozil in January.

Look at us in 2017/2018, buying old washed up Madrid players that we annihilated back in 2010.

CatalinR10

Im ok with getting him for 20 mil and selling gomes , he would be for sure an upgrade over gomes aaaaaand also if we get coutinho in the summer

xXKonan

These idiots seriously tried to buy Di Maria in the summer and now going to buy Ozil in January.

Look at us in 2017/2018, buying old washed up Madrid players that we annihilated back in 2010.
To be honest I would rather have Ozil over Di Maria by a long shot for 20 million if we were forced to pick between the two.

Think one of the main reasons we are going for Ozil is because of his price. Think the club wants to save most of the cash we have left in the summer but still think we need someone in January.

wisconsincule

If this fails I’m fine with it. We need a player who can create chances. Ozil can create chances. I’m not sure where he would slot in though as Valverde has preferred playing 4-4-2. A chance worth taking. As I’ve said earlier. He will be easier to move on than Arda if he fails. I️ think we still make a move for Coutihno in summer too.

xXKonan

No question his creativity will help us but to better question is can he play well in a 4-3-3?

I hope he can as we don't use a conventional #10.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ozil would be fine as a backup mid for 20 mill. Having him as our dead wood rotation player instead of Gomes/Arda/etc. is actually an upgrade. Though he really could go the Arda route with his innate laziness.

The problem is, this is probably the board's idea of a "midfield solution" and Ozil becomes yet another mediocre player amongst our midfield fighting for a starting spot while no real world class mid is ever brought in. Wouldn't be surprised if he came and then they try/fail on Coutinho but point back to Ozil as our "midfield fix" and the cycle continues.

In the right context, this could be a good deal. The chances of that happening though are so slim that Ozil will likely just become another addition to our woes.

Barcilliant

This will be a disaster for us. another Arsenal player, ex-Madrid and will most likely mean no Coutinho.. the board will think thats the midfield sorted. we need players who will work hard in midfield to compensate Messi who gets a pass cause hes Messi but Ozil in the same team..

God, no!

What absolute madness. Totally agree. Which fucking idiot thinks a lazy 29 year old is a good idea? I see this club struggling to get a cl place after Messi retires.

Home of Barca Fans