Mesut Ozil

Alik

What do you think is similar about Griezmann and Turan/Ozil transfers?

My concerns about Griezmann;

1. Turan and Griezmann are of a similar age before moving to Barça, Turan having been one year older.
2. Both played at Atletico, a club with a very different system.
3. At least Arda still had some form in his last season playing there, whilst Griezmann is way off.
4. Griezmann would cost more than twice as much as Turan and 6 times as much as Ozil.

I think there should be concerns about signing Griezmann taking into account these factors.

JamDav1982

1. Turan and Griezmann are of a similar age before moving to Barça, Turan having been one year older.
3. At least Arda still had some form in his last season playing there, whilst Griezmann is way off.
4. Griezmann would cost more than twice as much as Turan and 6 times as much as Ozil.

I think there should be concerns about signing Griezmann taking into account these factors.

Griezmann is a year and a bit younger and not long 27 isnt old. Not far off age Modric moved to Real, Abidal moved to Barca etc.

Almost two years younger than when Arda could firts play for Barca even then plenty of players around Ardas age have been good signings for clubs.

Griezmann has played well for Sociedad and France and plenty of those Atletico players could get a game at Barca

Form is temporary class is permanent.

Of course he would cost a lot more. He is younger, better and in and more inflated market. The price of Ozil is irrelevant really. Younger than Suarez.

Who would you want Barca to sign rather than Griezmann?

Raketa10

1. So we should never buy 26 or 27 years old player again? Come on...
2. Griezmann is attacker not midfielder so it’s not really comparable.
3. Arda was shit in his last season with ATM and he was injured all of the time. But that’s not the problem. Problem with Arda was his attitude and laziness. Griezmann is hard working player.
4. Griezmann is 2 times better player than Arda ever was and 5 times the player Ozil is right now. At 100 mil his price is more than fair in today’s market.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Not that it matters really but Griez wouldnt be six times the cost of Ozil. Would be five times going by reported numbers.

:D

I would also like to emphasize that according to rumors Ozil wants 19 mil per year. That is just ludicrous!!!

We would actually get rid of cheaper Arda and buy new more expensive Arda 2.0! Signing Ozil only because you can sign him for 20 mil is JUST WRONG!

Last edited:

Alik

Griezmann is a year and a bit younger and not long 27 isnt old. Not far off age Modric moved to Real, Abidal moved to Barca etc.

Almost two years younger than when Arda could firts play for Barca even then plenty of players around Ardas age have been good signings for clubs.

1. So we should never buy 26 or 27 years old player again? Come on...

Griezmann will be 27 not 26 when/if he comes next summer. He's 1 year and 2 months younger that Turan was when he came, not "almost" 2.

I'm not saying that 27 years old is a bad age to sign. There have also been good signings at 28, 29 years. Are you saying we should never sign players at that age?

Form is temporary class is permanent.
Arda and Ozil have been class in their careers. Luis Suarez was also class.

3. Arda was shit in his last season with ATM and he was injured all of the time. But that’s not the problem. Problem with Arda was his attitude and laziness. Griezmann is hard working player.
So is Luis Suarez right now, and everyone is shitting on him.

4. Griezmann is 2 times better player than Arda ever was and 6 times the player Ozil is right now. At 100 mil his price is more than fair in today’s market.
If he regains his previous seasons form, yes. If not, no.

At the time Arda was signed, it was not considered a ludicrous signing. Puzzling, yes. Ludicrous, no. He had a fair bit of hype too.

Catta

how can you seriously compare Griezmann to Ozil and Arda. Griezmann should have won a Ballon d'Or, he carried both Atleti and France to CL and Euro finals, and unlucky lost both to a cheerleader

Alik

how can you seriously compare Griezmann to Ozil and Arda. Griezmann should have won a Ballon d'Or, he carried both Atleti and France to CL and Euro finals, and unlucky lost both to a cheerleader

How is that relevant to next summer?

JamDav1982

The age is irrelevant and Arda is no more relevant to Griezmann than likes of Keita, Suarez, Mascherano and Abidal.

Arda and Ozil were good at times. Class is permanent and Griezmann will show it.

Turan was was a month away from 29 when could first play for Barca. Griezmann will be 27 1/2.

Even then age still not relevant.

Who would you sign?

JamDav1982

Between Griezmann and Coutinho? I'd go with Coutinho. Don't know much about the other options.

I wouldn't mind Ozil for 20M, if we got rid of some players.

No not between those two. Barca should go for both a midfielder and a striker.

Do you not think Barca need another striker? Or would you stick with Suarez?

Home of Barca Fans