Mesut Ozil

MIXA

English media suggesting that Barca are interested in signing him. Even though there is an extremely slim chance that he will ever come here, I hope that we are actually looking at players of his style. At least that way we know that the club has identified the problem and are trying to fix it.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
our only hope of signing isco is to wait for his contract to run out, which isnt that long of a wait. I love to see him play for us but its all up to him. If he wants to come then its possible.

BBZ8800

English media suggesting that Barca are interested in signing him. Even though there is an extremely slim chance that he will ever come here, I hope that we are actually looking at players of his style. At least that way we know that the club has identified the problem and are trying to fix it.

For 2-3 years there are rumors from time to time that Barca wants him.

Imo, he is the closest thing to a proven world class midfielder with Barca's DNA, like Verratti, Coutinho to some extent, Gundogan.
Imo, Coutinho and Ozil are the closest thing to a Cm-Cam like Iniesta, plus he has a huge La liga experience (and how to win a WC experience).

Since he is older, his price could be around 40-50M Euros probably.
We have already bought Arda for 40, Gomes for 40, for example.
I believe that he would be a good fit, although I guess that even if he would be a good fit, that a huge part of our forum would whine since he is young and he will probably stay here only for 3-4 years and people wouldn't be too happy with him.

He could easily play/fit like Bravo.

El Barcelona

Isco plays for Madrid. He won't come. Ozil is better than him anyway.

Yep, I figured out that he plays there.. He recent rejected a contract extension so who knows wat happen. If you compare thé stats for this season then is Isco clearly in better shape with lesser minutes on the pitch. Also Isco is 4 year younger. Thé only thing that he have to do is don't extent his contract so we can sign him for free. But I doubt real let this be true.

Ritchie

He'd be good for assists and to get the ball to MSN and preferable to crap like Turan and Gomes and on this season Rakitic. He's another Cesc though. Slow as fuck and goes missing.

The fact he's slow, goes missing and does nothing off the ball means he's the ideal Barca midfielder these days. Except he actually does create stuff when he has the ball which would make him a novelty.

Vilarrubi

Yep, I figured out that he plays there.. He recent rejected a contract extension so who knows wat happen. If you compare thé stats for this season then is Isco clearly in better shape with lesser minutes on the pitch. Also Isco is 4 year younger. Thé only thing that he have to do is don't extent his contract so we can sign him for free. But I doubt real let this be true.

Isco presses well off the ball too, much better than Ozil.. but I'd still take either.

Messi983

We don't need players of his style. He's another AMC and not a true CM that we'd need.

I prefer isco in barca to ozil, ozil can be lazy sometimes.

Only sometimes? I don't follow Arsenal too much but from what I've heard from their fans complains he's always lazy. And he usually disappears in big games which he already did in his time at RM. He'll also be 29 so it's not like he's young anymore. If we are looking for new midfielders we should get someone younger. And he plays for Arsenal. That alone should be big enough reason to stay as far away from him as possible. I don't believe we are seriously interested or considering buying him but if there are people here that wants him I'll just say there are a lot of better options out there than Özil.

Home of Barca Fans