Page 2 of 148 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mesut Özil

A masterpiece of DNA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valon View Post
    Tbh I think Ozil is a better player than Arda.

Plus he plays in a better league for a better club atm.
    Agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antimadritista View Post
    Agree.
    How?

I'll give you Ozil has more potential since he is younger/taller. I don't understand the argument that Bremen is a better club than Gala. Gala plays just as much European football as Bremen. Bremen doesn't exactly kick the doors in. Germany is better overall of course, but I would not use that as the reasoning for Ozil>Turan. Turan is a younger Arshavin for me, only Turan has gained maturity much more quickly than Arshavin. Loads of clubs will miss out on Turan, but he will make an impact at whatever big club he moves to this summer. When I look at Ozil, I see EPL written all over him. He just doesn't strike me as a Liga player.
    Last edited by KluivertsBoots; 16th February 2010 at 06:44 PM.
    "He moves like a Turkish belly dancer on a skimboard!"- Ray Hudson on Ronaldinho

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilŕ, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And.. He's a Barca fan. I saw it being mentioned few times in couple of weeks now. His contract is expiring..

Adolfo Valencia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    And.. He's a Barca fan. I saw it being mentioned few times in couple of weeks now. His contract is expiring..
    ... in 2011. Would still make him cheaper this summer. He lacks form lately though. Still a promising and very talented player. But his consistency is questionable, thats why i favored Kroos (see above).

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el tren View Post
    ... in 2011. Would still make him cheaper this summer. He lacks form lately though. Still a promising and very talented player. But his consistency is questionable, thats why i favored Kroos (see above).
    I know. "Barca fan" is a key point and we could get him on discount as a sub for Xavi/Iniesta.

Valon
    Does Toni play on the wings el tren?

Adolfo Valencia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, he currently does play in the left MF for Leverkusen. But this is not his favoured position and he is definitely not a true winger. Its prolly still the position in a flat 442 (thats what Leverkusen plays), that fits him the most. Naturally he is either the AM or a CM in a 442 diamond or a CM in a 433 formation.

For Leverkusen he indeed plays on the side, but he also likes to cut into the middle, behind the strikers and provide them with short, opening passes, or just takes a long shot from there (his specialty tbh). Otherwise he has a very good read of the game, good long passing and set pieces and good technique. While he can dribble, i wouldnt say that he is biased towards dribbling down the flank.

To sum it up his style is fairly similar to that of Fabregas.

Mikrofonkĺt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arda would crush Özil.
    "Just because I don't watch La Liga, it doesn't mean I don't know who the players are."
    Someone questions whether Guillem Laporta is a good player.
    "I don't know him.... He'll be another crap player. "
    - VivaUnited

Rayo

Valon
    Quote Originally Posted by barcetia View Post
    Arda would crush Özil.
    I disagree but I may be biased as I dislike Arda.

Mikrofonkĺt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you've seen Arda play then maybe you're right but what I've heard from him, he's very impressive. I saw him @ WC last time and he was really impressive for me.
    "Just because I don't watch La Liga, it doesn't mean I don't know who the players are."
    Someone questions whether Guillem Laporta is a good player.
    "I don't know him.... He'll be another crap player. "
    - VivaUnited

Rayo

Valon
    Quote Originally Posted by barcetia View Post
    If you've seen Arda play then maybe you're right but what I've heard from him, he's very impressive. I saw him @ WC last time and he was really impressive for me.
    I've seen him a lot as I'm a fan of Turkey NT and I like Fenerbahce, he was indeed great at the EC in 2008. But I've always thought he lacks something, I'd say he's more suited to Italian leagues but I could be wrong.

all your bases belong to us
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he lacks speed. he looks fast because he is tiny but isnt actually fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arda is a c***. He has serious attitude problems. I think that that will hold him back. I don't like him.

A masterpiece of DNA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valon View Post
    I disagree but I may be biased as I dislike Arda.
    +1899

I don't like him but it doesn't make him bad player.He is not for us but he can play in Premier League.If I'd choose one of them I'd prefer Mesut Ozil.

Valon
    Quote Originally Posted by beef-supreme View Post
    Arda is a c***. He has serious attitude problems. I think that that will hold him back. I don't like him.
    This aswell.