Malmö FF

Fatboy

It was just a matter of time, and now it's here: a thread about Malmö FF, the club where Zlatan was born. A Swedish giant, celebrating its hundredth anniversary this year.

What can be said about Malmö FF that you don't already know... well the last couple of weeks have been quite interesting, first the president of the club was more or less forced of his post due to the poor results over the last couple of years (Zlatan commented that he sincerely hoped Malmö would bring in some new blood into the management and added that he might be coming back in some way to Malmö FF after his player career.), then today former Barca player and Malmö legend Patrik Andersson claimed in an interview that Malmö had ignored him when considering the vacant job Sports Director of the club (well, actually before that), stirring up even more anger among the fans.

Malmö has had a few disappointing seasons, nowhere near where the fans demand they should be (always the title, nothing else counts). All is not bad though, MFF has loyal fans, a new stadium, and is a fairly wealthy club by Swedish standards (it's still petty cash compared to Barcelona). But what's missing is the trophies and the Malmö crowd is traditionally used to getting a lot of them.

Maybe this year will be the year. But I guess some friends from Henrik Larssons Helsingborg won't agree? Or from AIK? (I take for granted that there is no one from Göteborg here) ;)

Fatboy

I wished for a successful 100th anniversary for Malmö...

Malmö FF Swedish Champions for the 16th time :hooray:

Home of Barca Fans